Crossmen mid season stall again

Well once again with a proven design team and a renewed committment to the Crossmen grove and sound, 2011 is more of the same. Stalled by the third week of July and once again no movement with the rest of the pack.

Are you kidding or should we send in the slotting for next year in October!

• Like 1

I'm a little disappointed in this because their show in Lynn on July 2nd was actually quite good. I will agree it isn't all that demanding but they did pretty well with it. I thought they were going to pull it up and possibly contend for top 12 this year. Hopefully in 2012 they'll rebound!

<br />Though the corp is making what everyone calls a "comeback", the show is not demanding musically or visually. This might be a part of it.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Have you seen the music book? I do not agree with your assessment that the show is not demanding musically. The show has more melody than many of the shows which are receiving "credit". It is a musical show with tons of exposure to error. It is the type of show that is not likely to be rewarded until it is perfecty clean.

I'm a little disappointed in this because their show in Lynn on July 2nd was actually quite good. I will agree it isn't all that demanding but they did pretty well with it. I thought they were going to pull it up and possibly contend for top 12 this year. Hopefully in 2012 they'll rebound!

I for one look forward to the day they become finalists again.

I think this is probably the best Crossmen corps since 2004.... it's just that their nearest competition is also getting better each year. I think one could make the argument they could be beating the Colts, or maybe even Academy.... but really all of the other corps above them have more mature sounds, more demanding shows (at least visually), and are executing at a higher level. Just because they are not moving up in placement, or even score does not mean they aren't getting better.

• Like 1

I think this is probably the best Crossmen corps since 2004.... it's just that their nearest competition is also getting better each year. I think one could make the argument they could be beating the Colts, or maybe even Academy.... but really all of the other corps above them have more mature sounds, more demanding shows (at least visually), and are executing at a higher level. Just because they are not moving up in placement, or even score does not mean they aren't getting better.

I agree completely. I wanted them to make finals but it's not lookin' like they will. To reiterate many others, though, the season's "success" is not necessarily measured by placement alone.

The same could be said for the Colts, I guess. The part about them moving but others moving more. After two runs at finals, they aren't competitive this year.

Question?

Why is "lack of demand" used as a reason for the Crossmen not making the Top 12, but in another thread here, perceived "lack of demand" is okay as the show is executed better and is used as a reason for that particular Corps placement?

Question?

Why is "lack of demand" used as a reason for the Crossmen not making the Top 12, but in another thread here, perceived "lack of demand" is okay as the show is executed better and is used as a reason for that particular Corps placement?

Its a fine line my friend