Corps Personalities!

We only ran back if we messed up instructions. Besides that, always walking.

Didn't know there were corps like that. I've always been in a run back to your spot corps. It turned into a race for a few of us, always trying to beat each other back to our spots, so it made it fun. But we didn't have to stand with our horns up, just stand there set, until the DM brought our horns up before stepping off.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Oh, we believe it alright. Especially us old goobers who had to deal with these idiots in retreat.

I had Skittles thrown to me OVER THE TOP OF Santa Clara Vanguard by a Blue Devils snare at one retreat...

• Like 2

So is there in correlation between work style and success?

Looking over the past decade it seems like the "laid back" corps had this most success

Of course with the exception of 05' and 08'

So is there in correlation between work style and success?

Looking over the past decade it seems like the "laid back" corps had this most success

Of course with the exception of 05' and 08'

why only use the past decade?

also important to know that correlation and causation are not the same.

I had Skittles thrown to me OVER THE TOP OF Santa Clara Vanguard by a Blue Devils snare at one retreat...

Dude, I had a Jolly Rancher clear THREE corps to land in the bell of my euphonium. Either that turf can make stuff bounce, or that Cavalier should really be playing baseball.

Oh what? link to copyrighted material removed

This is disgraceful. I haven't seen that video until now. I'd honestly want it stricken from the record but what is done is done. It's a dark mark against BK and it makes me sad.

Please do not interpret that video as a true representation of the Blue Knights. I know Mark Arnold stresses the utmost pride in the organization. These corps members made a dumb mistakes and I hope they can learned to grow up.

In defense (but I'm not really defending it) of this horrible playing, this is not the first time that this has happened in retreat block. This time around there was video evidence. Many of us know of the "long note competition" at retreat and "who can play the highest" business. Unfortunately it's become an immature tradition with kids through the years. Will it ever stop? I don't know.

Edited by Dave
removing links to copyrighted material

ANY Corps can STAND and play well... This is called A CONCERT or RECITAL.

DCI is about Marching/Music/Pageantry/Precision/Performance.

SHOW of SHOWS - not Pick up Sticks, Move Cubes and Stand.

When Level of Difficulty is Judged and Penalized for not Moving - THEN we will move into the next Generation of DCI.

ANY Corps can STAND and play well... This is called A CONCERT or RECITAL.

DCI is about Marching/Music/Pageantry/Precision/Performance.

SHOW of SHOWS - not Pick up Sticks, Move Cubes and Stand.

When Level of Difficulty is Judged and Penalized for not Moving - THEN we will move into the next Generation of DCI.

Ummmmm.... Okay. Thanks for the Caps.

Edited by mboogey73

Usually when instructors say "return to your set" they don't mean "take your sweet time about it".

• Like 2