A Cavalier Question

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, but I don't read everything on DCP. I mentioned this in another thread but nobody said anything and I really am curious.

I was at the West Chester show last night, and I need to ask a Cavaliers question (I apologize if this was discussed elsewhere). Has anyone REALLY EXAMINED that tenor feature? I do NOT believe the upside down guys are playing. I SWEAR they are just faking. If that's the case, its total bull. If they ARE playing, then its amazing and I love it, but I sat on the 50 yd line, row 3 and I didn't see a single stick hit a single head. Perhaps it was just tonight, perhaps they've been faking all along, perhaps I'm seeing things. But seeing them faking was like finding out there's no Santa Claus. I felt cheated ... THOUGHTS???

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, but I don't read everything on DCP. I mentioned this in another thread but nobody said anything and I really am curious.

I was at the West Chester show last night, and I need to ask a Cavaliers question (I apologize if this was discussed elsewhere). Has anyone REALLY EXAMINED that tenor feature? I do NOT believe the upside down guys are playing. I SWEAR they are just faking. If that's the case, its total bull. If they ARE playing, then its amazing and I love it, but I sat on the 50 yd line, row 3 and I didn't see a single stick hit a single head. Perhaps it was just tonight, perhaps they've been faking all along, perhaps I'm seeing things. But seeing them faking was like finding out there's no Santa Claus. I felt cheated ... THOUGHTS???

I went back and watched the atlanta live broadcast on fan network. It is hard to tell.

Its VERY hard to tell. They're definately doing the correct motion, but I swear they never hit a drum. I'm dying to know if I'm right or if I just didn't see it correctly. It really affected my enjoyment of the rest of the show (I get crazy like that)

I went back and watched the atlanta live broadcast on fan network. It is hard to tell.

MY thought, and its just a thought, is that when it started out, all 5 guys were playing, but as the season progressed, they took out the two upside down guys to make SURE its spotlessly clean. I really want to know for sure though

Trust me, it's hard enough to air drum a few notes, let Aline an entire feature, and make it look real. Those guy's technique is way to smooth to be stopping the sticks in mid air, they are playing.

They are playing every note. The guys tell me that the the orientation of the neighboring drums brings them closer to their head (does that make any sense?) and it's actually easier to hear than when they are all standing up. BTW, this upside-down thing is something the guys themselves came up with, and then sold to Mac.

Dave