Why is drum corps so weird now?

I haven't really watched any shows since I aged out in 2007, and now that I'm watching current shows on the DCI Fan Network I'm pretty shocked by how much things have changed. It's the amps, it's not the electronics and synths, I actually like all that stuff. But the uniforms, the show designs, everything, wtf is going? It seems like every corps now does a "brooding and mysterious" preshow, and everyone is doing A LOT of dance movement as opposed to actual marching. Am I just the old fart that I despised back when I marched? Why can't we go back to the days of Summertrain Blues Mix and Frameworks :-(? I know when I was marching we were already on the path to Bando-dom, but man is the top 12 in bando territory now.

And yet you marched in the Bb era and dare call yourself a 'sop' in your signature... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Those of us who marched soprano G bugles would beg to differ with you!

Just toying with ya, buddy. Read Mike Boo's post. It's all you need to know. :cool:

• Like 2

And yet you marched in the Bb era and dare call yourself a 'sop' in your signature... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Those of us who marched soprano G bugles would beg to differ with you!

Just toying with ya, buddy. Read Mike Boo's post. It's all you need to know. :cool:

I actually prefer G hornlines, thank you very much

I actually prefer G hornlines, thank you very much

Ok, you may move back three rows on the Old Phart bus.

You're alright kid, have a beverage from the cooler :thumbup:

• Like 1

Boo rules! :devil:

Boo rules! :devil:

BOO WHO ? :tongue:

• Like 1

Come on, man. They're bad. Don't you miss the 94-03 BD unis? #### was stylin

Today's uniforms don't even compare to these monstrosities:

1988-89 Spirit of Atlanta

1985 Argonauts

Any others?