Allentown Fan Network Videos?

Started to watch them from tonight. The video sync is WAY off from the audio on my computer.

Seems to me that the video is like two minutes behind. I hope DCI fixes this.

Anyone else notice this?

This from a DCI Press Release :

" Michael Scott from the Office of Dunder Mifflin Co, in Scranton, Pa. was hired as an outside consultant to the DCI show in Allentown, Pa. for this weekend. He personally picked up the tapes of the show in Allentown, drove them to his office in Scranton, then in the wee hours of the morning, he downloaded them to the DCI office in Indy. He has assured us that the noticeable glitch will be fixed today as he has brought in his crack assistant Manager, Dwight Schrute, here on Saturday who is adept at fixing technical glitches to correct the problem with the videos. Mr. Scott promises us that the problem should be rectified before Monday morning, and if not, just after Mr. Schrute's return from his vacation shortly thereafter."

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

This from a DCI Press Release :

" Michael Scott from the Office of Dunder Mifflin Co, in Scranton, Pa. was hired as an outside consultant to the DCI show in Allentown, Pa. for this weekend. He personally picked up the tapes of the show in Allentown, drove them to his office in Scranton, then in the wee hours of the morning, he downloaded them to the DCI office in Indy. He has assured us that the noticeable glitch will be fixed today as he has brought in his crack assistant Manager, Dwight Schrute, here on Saturday who is adept at fixing technical glitches to correct the problem with the videos. Mr. Scott promises us that the problem should be rectified before Monday morning, and if not, just after Mr. Schrute's return from his vacation shortly thereafter."

A crack assistant!? Well now that's why we're having these problems!

• Like 2

Anyone know when these will be fixed? can we expect the same for the corps performing today?

Started to watch them from tonight. The video sync is WAY off from the audio on my computer.

Seems to me that the video is like two minutes behind. I hope DCI fixes this.

Anyone else notice this?

YES - and I am dying to see the CAVIES in sync!

My wife and I have decided with all the issues from this year, and obvious disrespect DCI has for the fans of the activity, it will probably have to be our last season subscribing to the fannetwork.org. I think we are going to sell our finals week tickets, and just reitre from the activity altogether. This is just so frustrating, Price increases, jokes amoung the judging community, technical issues that DCI refuses to acknowledge and address(we sent the idiots at DCI an email regarding our issues the last 2 lives feeds on Monday, and they have not even had the decency to respond)

We had really thought maybe some of the problems would be resolved after last year, and am really beginning to think it is a shame that they didn't fire Dan Acheson like it had been discussed at the beginning of the season last year. They definitely need to get some new staff in the DCI office, someone who knows how to address the issues of the people who are paying their salaries. And their tech support just needs to be terminated and replaced. Call me extremely dissattisfied with DCI and THEFANNETWORK.ORg this season.

Edited by MisterA
  • Like 2

What I find hard to believe is that an organization (DCI) that basically has 2-3 months of actual activity does not have tech support on weekends during those 2-3 months .... especially when you consider that most of the VOD performances are weekend shows!!!

I agree with the comment above .... the quality and content of the FN seems to get worse each year.

As Dan Potter puts it "this is DCIs PENULTIMATE weekend" and the VOD from day 1 (which we all have PAID to see) is out of whack.

Edited by ashevillemurphy
  • Like 1

The fact that DCI has its major shows in domes, where the acoustics are historically awful, is all you need to know about the organization management. The Fan Network is merely a symptom.

The problem, like any other industry, is that there is no competition and thus no incentive for them to change. There will always be enough friends and family to show up to pay their salaries.

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 1

What I find hard to believe is that an organization (DCI) that basically has 2-3 months of actual activity does not have tech support on weekends during those 2-3 months .... especially when you consider that most of the VOD performances are weekend shows!!!

I agree with the comment above .... the quality and content of the FN seems to get worse each year.

As Dan Potter puts it "this is DCIs PENULTIMATE weekend" and the VOD from day 1 (which we all have PAID to see) is out of whack.

The biggest problem is even when they do have tech support, they are pretty much worthless and don't have a clue what the problems are, or how to fix them. I am totally confused as to how they can even attempt to do business in that manner. I think everyone needs to call daily to DCi and leave messages and complain until something is done about this. Today there isn't a darn thing that anyone can do, and most people have more time on the weekends to view this material. I think DCI has ###### us off for the last time. Maybe next year my wife and I can save about $6500 from not having anything to do with the organization. I really hope we have the will power to pull this off. It is so difficult not to support DCI.

• Like 1