Aug. 6 DCA Scores/Comments Thread

The rain has slowed.to a light drizzle in Kingston.After the show was finished, of course. But I can't say enough of how amazing the Hurricanes guard perfirmed tonight. Other than that familiar crack of a soaking wet silk, you would not have known rhe adverse conditiona that were going on while rhey wete on tge field.

Agreed. Note the Midwest scores are trending a bit higher than the NE scores. It's all within a reasonable margin.

Even with the higher midwest trend, the Kilties are looknig stronger than they have for some time with their numbers. They have to feel good about it. :thumbup:

Tonight's Racine show was a DCA-C show with a full DCA panel so not the early season DCI judges on DCA sheets thingy.

Tonight's Racine show was a DCA-C show with a full DCA panel so not the early season DCI judges on DCA sheets thingy.

Yes, but the numbers still appear to be trending a bit high. Some people are more generous, others more stingy with box placements, regardless if they're all DCA people or not. Panel members and that chemistry have more of an effect than many people realize. :wink:

• Like 1

Agreed. Note the Midwest scores are trending a bit higher than the NE scores. It's all within a reasonable margin.

Even with the higher midwest trend, the Kilties are looknig stronger than they have for some time with their numbers. They have to feel good about it. :thumbup:

or the NE scores are a little bit lower :tongue: or they are accurate and are relative.

So that would put Bucs at a 92 and change?

no that would put them at a 88.30 until next weekend.

Yes, but the numbers still appear to be trending a bit high. Some people are more generous, others more stingy with box placements, regardless if they're all DCA people or not. Panel members and that chemistry have more of an effect than many people realize. :wink:

kinda like,..............placement and spreads are where it's at right now,.................but it don't mean nuthin' till prelims,...........

• Like 1

I'll say this- Kingston was tough with the rain. Congrats to all the corps for pushing through this.

However, two corps got rained on much less than everyone else and I think it was reflected in the scores. I watched Hurcs and Empire and I don't feel in an way, shape, or form that they were 3 points better than Cabs. I know they have a great guard and their battery is excelling this year, but other areas of their program are hurting.

Empire was the clear winner.

I thought it was ironic that the rain backed off pretty significantly as Hawthorne was coming off the field. I thought "These guys can't catch a break can they".

Ok- Giant wood spoon holstered now. Flame away. And no, I am not biast to any corps.