Shake on the Lake

As the corps sets up, the sounds of air traffic control comes from the pit. Four corps members are now carrying an Air CanCorps prop. I think we're about to get the Blue Saints' interpretation of Lost on the field.

Mello solo, followed by sop solo to open the show, sounds like Leaving on a Jet Plane.

Two of the basses are using orange neon drum sticks to "direct the airplane" down the "runway".

Guard jumps out from the airplane prop with red flags. Corps goes into Verdi's Requiem. What I thought was the daughter of the director is actually a featured dancer, complete with tumbling. She can't be older than 12.

Not sure what the point of the girl is now. She's running all over the place, looks like she's pretending to call for help. Must be "stranded", right?

Now into a slower tempo song. Mello soloist is having issues. Nice half time marching by the corps.

For six horns, the horn line is holding their own so far. Every player is contributing.

I kind of wish the two stranded kids on the field got some dirt smudges throughout the show. :D

Losing some steam at the end here.

Blue Saints in action:

139992af0c5ce85855333392d09b919b.jpg

And, once again, proof that Open Class is awesome: The Blue Saints are trooping the stands with full street beat.