I have a feeling that this might upset some folks, but I think that a REAL tribute to a person such as Bobby, whose eclectic involvement in D&BC was unsurpassed, would be to have him inducted into EVERY HoF, via acclamation, rather than going through specific selection processes. There are/were few if ANY, who could match his accomplishments,influences, and life long devotion - indeed, his LIFE to our acivity.

Please consider this proposal, and, if you think that it has merit, reach out to those of us who are Board members of HoFs.

Sincerely.........mario

*Bobby is already in the Buglers Hall of Fame

Don't know why you would think you were going to upset anyone... I was shocked when I realized he wasn't in the HOF...

• Like 1

Don't know why you would think you were going to upset anyone... I was shocked when I realized he wasn't in the HOF...

Long story Tom ... Bobby and Bruni had a long-time running riff about who's HOF was the original ... he's written about it many times in his Heritage Magazine and always includes a section with some pics from his "original" HOF ... maybe Mario could contact Dave Shaw for the details ... I'm with you though ... Bobby should be in every HOF ... currently he's in the Buglers HOF and the Brooklyn HOF ... not sure of any others ...

Andy

I have a feeling that this might upset some folks, but I think that a REAL tribute to a person such as Bobby, whose eclectic involvement in D&BC was unsurpassed, would be to have him inducted into EVERY HoF, via acclamation, rather than going through specific selection processes. There are/were few if ANY, who could match his accomplishments,influences, and life long devotion - indeed, his LIFE to our acivity.

Please consider this proposal, and, if you think that it has merit, reach out to those of us who are Board members of HoFs.

Sincerely.........mario

Sincerely.........mario

As Founder of the Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame it would be my honor of seeing to it that the "Kid" be Inducted as an Honorary Member. I'm sure that upon my suggestion to our Selection Committee he would pass and would be Inducted with our next Class of Inductees this coming April and join the likes of Tom Peashey, Lefty Mayer and Vince Bruni. As I had explained to you in a personal message I had been considering Bobby for Induction for a couple of years now but knew of his desire not to be so honored until his passing. I will need a summary of his accomplishments in the form of a nomination application though. If you could be so kind as to submit one to me I'll make sure that it taken care of.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation in this, I am,

He is also a member of The Brooklyn Drum Corps hall of fame.

Sincerely.........mario

Long story Tom ... Bobby and Bruni had a long-time running riff about who's HOF was the original ... he's written about it many times in his Heritage Magazine and always includes a section with some pics from his "original" HOF ... maybe Mario could contact Dave Shaw for the details ... I'm with you though ... Bobby should be in every HOF ... currently he's in the Buglers HOF and the Brooklyn HOF ... not sure of any others ...

Andy

That must have happened just as Vince and I parted ways in 1979... I remember no problem prior to that - and as most of you know, from 1972 till 1979, I was - so to speak - Vince's "right hand" which gave me a special insight and appreciation of him that few ever had. After '79, I concentrated on judging and as soon as he founded Empire, I was already judging heavilly in DCA and had to remain a bit aloof of his drum corps work. We did however, try and have lunch every few weeks together and believe it or not, spent more time talking about family, bingo and business rather than drum corps. However, he and Bobby were both very Italian... that means a lot of things - if you know what I mean...

If someone who was closer to Bobby nominated him for the WDCHOF, It would be my honor to vote for him.