Prelims Schedule - Thursday

First off, this event is amazing. Great idea by DCI.

Second, this schedule presents huge hurdles for the top Open Class groups. Looks like SCVC - the third place OC corps - goes on a full hour and a half before Pioneer, which it needs to beat in order to get to Friday. That's going to require a long memory on the part of some judges....

Hope everyone in Indy has fun tomorrow, especially the kids on the field.

The Thursday show is one of the best values in drum corps.

A ticket for the best seat is $55 to see it all live. Even adding in the ticketmaster fees on top of that- it is only about $1.50 per corps.

That is a huge bargain, IMHO.

I absolutely agree, and an even better bargain is to buy the $25 (plus $7.50 Ticketmaster Extortion Fee) or $32 at the box office day-of ticket for Thursday and then ignore the seat numbers on the ticket and sit in any empty seat you want, even between the 45s. NOT GUARANTEED TO WORK, but it has worked in recent previous years when ushers have not enforced entry into sections by asking to see your tickets. If somebody shows up with tickets for the seat you are sitting in, you can just move over. This does not work very well on Friday for seats between the 35s and does not work at all on Saturday for seats between the 20s(?), but Thursday, almost nobody has cared where you sit in past years because the great majority of good seats go unused.

Prelims? When did this become a band competition, I thought it was called Quarterfinals. Seemed to work just fine for the past 40+ years thumbdown.gif

• Like 1

Prelims? When did this become a band competition, I thought it was called Quarterfinals. Seemed to work just fine for the past 40+ years thumbdown.gif

DCI hosted prelims from it's inception until they changed to the Quarterfinals format in the late 80's. In fact, the previous year's top 12 weren't even required to compete in the prelims round at all until they added the third day for everyone.

Full schedule with OC corps has been posted by DCI. 16 OC corps along with Jubal and the Yokohama Scouts are participating (ie everyone who participated in the OC Finals), so 41 corps altogether.

SCVC isn't performing, right?

**EDIT**

Nevermind. I see them on the schedule. Missed them the first time I looked.

Edited by jjeffeory

I predict that the lowest placing corps in 2011 prelims will receive the new lowest score in DCI history.

Anybody know what the current record is?

Nah, there have been some 20s in DCI history.

DCI hosted prelims from it's inception until they changed to the Quarterfinals format in the late 80's. In fact, the previous year's top 12 weren't even required to compete in the prelims round at all until they added the third day for everyone.

oh, my bad. Learn somethin new every day tongue.gif