05. Carolina Crown

06. Bluecoats

07. Boston Crusaders

08. Santa Clara Vanguard

09. Madison Scouts

10. Blue Knights

11. Spirit of Atlanta

12. Troopers

I just dont see Cavaliers making that move. In fact, I thought of putting CC in #3

Really bold here:

1) Cadets

2) BD

3) Cavaliers

4) Crown

5) PR

6) SCV

7) Bloo

8) Boston

9) BK

10) Madison

11) Blue Stars

12) SOA

I just dont see Cavaliers making that move. In fact, I thought of putting CC in #3

Cavaliers have a better chance at catching BD than Crown jumping the Cavaliers

• Like 4

I know that, but I thought maybe he was referring more to the fact that I left Cascades and Pioneer out of semis, and he was a former member of Cascades. BDB has an extremely strong history of placing well during finals week, and I really think they and SCVC will be back at the head of the pack by Thursday night. But it would be cool for Oregon Crusaders if they did beat BDB during OC finals. But instinct and my gut feeling tells me BDB takes it.

I understand and have come to terms with the fact that Cascades may not make Semis. That ship has sailed for me. But OC has been giving BDB a solid run for their money all season. And Revolution has not. Just confused by those placements. Notice the bolding...

I respect your opinion one way or the other!

1. The Cadets - I'm calling it now: perfect 40 in GE! (Bold Prediction of 2011)

2. Blue Devils - Perfect 30 in Visual! (They scored 29.95 past 2 years, can definitely happen)

(When you look up "clean" in the dictionary, there's a picture of the Blue Devils.)

3. The Cavaliers - Won't be near BD or Cadets IMO

4. Carolina Crown - Don't be surprised if you see Crown in third...

5. Phantom Regiment - ...or fifth, Phantom really turned up the intensity this week

6. Santa Clara Vanguard

7. Bluecoats

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Knights

10. Blue Stars

11. Madison Scouts

(They could all be within a point of each other)

12. Spirit of Atlanta

13. Glassmen

14. Troopers

15. The Academy

16. Crossmen - should be higher, love the show anyway

17. The Colts

• Like 1

1. The Cadets - I'm calling it now: perfect 40 in GE! (Bold Prediction of 2011)

2. Blue Devils - Perfect 30 in Visual! (They scored 29.95 past 2 years, can definitely happen)

(When you look up "clean" in the dictionary, there's a picture of the Blue Devils.)

3. The Cavaliers - Won't be near BD or Cadets IMO

4. Carolina Crown - Don't be surprised if you see Crown in third...

5. Phantom Regiment - ...or fifth, Phantom really turned up the intensity this week

6. Santa Clara Vanguard

7. Bluecoats

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Knights

10. Blue Stars

11. Madison Scouts

(They could all be within a point of each other)

12. Spirit of Atlanta

13. Glassmen

14. Troopers

15. The Academy

16. Crossmen - should be higher, love the show anyway

17. The Colts

You know what? that might be what wins it for them, too. Cadets' performance captions are not exactly in position right now to have it "in the bag"... but that might do it.

Just for fun, right?

1. Cadets 98.35 - Just hold off BD by the skin of their...um GE?

2. Blue Devils 98.25 - Clean as h-e double hockey sticks, but see above

3. Cavaliers 97.50 - Vintage Cavies; maybe another year this show wins?

4. Phantom Regiment 96.90 - Squeak it out over Crown with the most emotional performance of the night

5. Carolina Crown 96.75 - Crowd loves the show, but peaked a week ago

6. Santa Clara Vanguard 94.80 - Escapes from the nether world, and posts their highest score of the year

7. Boston Crusaders 93.50 - Keeps moving up and finally catches Blooo, much to my chagrin. It's a revolution...

8. Bluecoats 93.45 - Visual dirt can't overcome their awesome music scores, but great score anyway

9. Madison Scouts 91.25 - Very emotional show peaks at the right time, several standing ovations, and no one can hear the final chord for the crowd noise and baby throwing

10. Blue Knights 90.00 Crowd pleasing show and great score

11. Blue Stars 89.85 Disappointing finish but still a fun show, and wow are they loud!

12 Spirit of Atlanta 87.25 Squeak into the finals with a phenomenal semi, coming from behind Glassmen after prelims

13. Glassmen - they almost forced 13 corps into finals

14. Academy - next year finals?

15. Troopers - still holding infinity chord in protest, and rightfully so

16. Crossmen - finally moved ahead as crowd falls in love with old school show

17. Colts - Could never quite get it all together. Next year they'll be back and dare I say challenge for finals?

18. Pacific Crest

19. Mandarins

20. Teal Sound

21. Oregon Crusaders

22. Jersey Surf

23. Blue Devils B

24. Cascades

25. Vanguard Cadets

Unless you were at the Meadowlands, do not underestimate Phantom's snowballing momentum & intensity. That close margin with Crown & Cavaliers were absolutely deserved. I had a single ticket in the heart of the cadet block in the center section low and all around me people were shocked by PR last night - including many at Allentown just 2 days earlier. I had 2 knowledge friends sitting in the mezzanine level that said exactly the same thing. Many folks in the crowd near me (far from a scientific survey, mind you) had PR between 4th and 2nd last night.

That said, here's my thinking for Saturday night:

1. Cadets

2. BD - this is a very tough call. the last 5 days are an epic cleaning battle. Can Cadets out clean BD? They have the design goods to hold BD off. Both will be more than a point ahead of Cavaliers.

3. Cavaliers, by a whisker. Things may get far more interesting between Crown, Cavies AND Regiment than people that weren't at the Meadowlands realize.

4. Phantom Regiment - I smell a very memorable moment coming on Saturday night with Elsa's. Maybe not quite as epic as Spartacus at Finals, but with a real electricity that could move things. After Allentown, I thought 5th was a certainty, but they are a real dark horse to surge to 4th or maybe 3rd. Its not like they haven't moved up before - it was almost a regular habit - to BD's chagrin in particular from 2003-2008. In a year the corps were called on to reconnect with fans, this is a hard show to overlook.

5. Carolina Crown - by the tiniest margin behind PR - yet they could also be 3rd.

6. A real toss up between SCV & Bluecoats. As of Sunday, SCV has more room to grow in their show. How much can they rescue that brassline in one week though? I'll give a tiny edge to SCV due to drumline & Color Guard

7. Bluecoats - if there isn't a tie for 6th.

8. Boston Crusaders, with a bullet. Bluecoats & SCV are not entirely safe, but this is the likely landing spot for Boston

9. Madison Scouts - While I wouldn't rule out an emotion swept surge to 8th, I think 9th is most realistic.

10. Blue Knights by a tiny margin over Blue Stars, unless there is a TOC "halo" around Blue Stars. Visual Design and execution (outside of colorguard) and a music book that is too "the same" holds Blue Stars back

11. Blue Stars

12. Spirit of Atlanta. Last night in Erie makes things interesting heading into Indy, but I don't see Spirit losing 12th - or we may have the best 13th place ever if they do

Harvey

Edited by TexasPRfan

Lots of people have high expectations for Phantom. I haven't seen their show in a while, so I'm curious to see this raw emotion that seems to be coming through right now.

If this gains them momentum in placements, I can seem them medaling, but with other competition being what it is, I think it might be bronze at best.

Disclaimer: my bias towards Cadets and the realism of trying to beat BD is coming out in this post.

Go Phantom, and stuff. :thumbup:

• Like 1