BK Pre Show

BK have always been a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzfest. Whomever is heading this Corps needs to be FIRED.

In my opinion, they are the WORST Top 12 Corps.

Sloppy. Boring. Vision-less.

They do not belong anywhere near the Top 14.

Before the bloodbath... Thank you very much, you have a nice drum corps.

• Like 2

I had no idea they had a recorded song through the speakers until I saw them in Allentown. This really didn't sit well with the crowd (including myself)- You could barely hear it and it just wasn't very "BK". I hope they take it out.

Also, although I enjoyed their show, I was shocked at how close they are to Madison and BAC. The gap+ between BK and BAC should be 2-4 points. IMHO.

Several corps, including my beloved Cavies, really ticked me off with their insistence on using pre-recorded music. BK's was a prime example (though at least it was primarily BEFORE the main show), but it just cheapens the whole art. I would much rather hear corps play another few seconds than listen to a recording I can hear at home on my iPod any time. I don't go to DCI to hear my iPod. I go to hear brass and percussion.

• Like 2

BK have always been a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzfest. Whomever is heading this Corps needs to be FIRED.

You know, if you had said this a couple of years ago, I might have agreed. Not this year, though. Have you even seen them this year?

• Like 3

BK have always been a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzfest.

Somewhat agree in some past years, strongly disagree this year. While I'm not a fan of this or any sampled music, I really enjoyed BK's total package.

Edited by Grandpa
  • Like 1

After the pre-show, BK is very light on the synth. So much so that I found myself looking to see if they even had one.

Their show this year is very entertaining, and really well done.

However, I really don't see how they are scoring where they are. IMO, they should be a couple points behind Blue Stars.

• Like 1

I thoroughly enjoyed their show this year. (I must admit that Suite in E-Flat is probably my most favorite of all time (since I played it in high school), so I was THRILLED to hear that was their show this year.) I loved the guard costumes, the block, the swinging arms. . . . .

I smiled the whole show (AFTER the strange recorded intro that didn't seem to fit. . . . ):tongue:

Do you know anything about their corps director, or especially their design team? Marc Sylvester, Ralph hardimon, Jay Bocook, and Jim Prime, those are some of the biggest names in drum corps over the last 20 years. Watch their show this year, and tell me it isn't entertaining.

• Like 2

I very much enjoyed their show this year, singing and all. I thought it set the mood very effectively. The actual drum corps part of the show is a lot more sophisticated than I expected - it's definitely not la-la-la renditions of the tunes - they throw some neat twists and turns in there. I thought it was a huge step up from last year.

Mike

I like My Bonny Boy, but I hate the idea of playing a pre-recorded peice for a pre-show. Or any part of the show for that matter. I think it would have been super cool if someone had sung it though. Could they not find one member out of 150 to sing this? It wouldn't have to be perfect, actually a nice acoustic rendition that sounded homey would have been moving.

• Like 1