Allentown Weekend

I'd like to give a nod out to Glassmen's cymbal line (I'm pretty sure it was Glassmen...please correct me if I'm wrong)...for their dancing with the solo guard dancer across the back of the field. That cymbal line was great at that dance!

It was the colts Cymbal Line and I enjoyed it as well. And not only were they doing the same dance moves as the Black Swan dancer, they were doing them with cymbals in their hands.

they're clean. real clean.

No flame, just curious; personally I can't see the "clean" through all the muck the pipes make. Besides hearing how clean they are, can you actually see the clean through the muck? I can't. This is the exact same problem I had with last years show. People were saying how clean they were but how can you tell through all the mirrors?

Hornline outstanding, and the guard is a show unto themselves. in spite of the piano and oher electronics, it wasn't abusive and fit the show. piano players good and his performance of the Freebird guitar jam at the end was awesome. I dont care if they wont win. I know I'll enjoy this show on a 2008 level for decades.

Dang... start thinking about checking it out then I see the funny p(iano) and g(uitar) words.... :sad: C'mon someone, invent a set of headphones that will cancel out certain sounds...

Irony is I'm a Skynyrd fan....

It was the colts Cymbal Line and I enjoyed it as well. And not only were they doing the same dance moves as the Black Swan dancer, they were doing them with cymbals in their hands.

Thank you for the correction...that section of their show...was a show unto itself...

No flame, just curious; personally I can't see the "clean" through all the muck the pipes make. Besides hearing how clean they are, can you actually see the clean through the muck? I can't. This is the exact same problem I had with last years show. People were saying how clean they were but how can you tell through all the mirrors?

it's identifiable. the problemis everyone uses traditional staging and form development...BD doesn't. But watching their bodies, the technique is perfect.

Dang... start thinking about checking it out then I see the funny p(iano) and g(uitar) words.... :sad: C'mon someone, invent a set of headphones that will cancel out certain sounds...

Irony is I'm a Skynyrd fan....

Jim,

I'll gladly give you my fan network log in as a one time to watch this show. Look, I'm not the fan of most electronics usage, but i'm telling ya, it works and doesnt bastardize the original.

I know, I know, we grew up on WTPA, be it FM 104 or 93.5 with Stairway and Freebird always the top 2 songs on every holiday top 500 show.

It works.

Jim,

I'll gladly give you my fan network log in as a one time to watch this show. Look, I'm not the fan of most electronics usage, but i'm telling ya, it works and doesnt bastardize the original.

I know, I know, we grew up on WTPA, be it FM 104 or 93.5 with Stairway and Freebird always the top 2 songs on every holiday top 500 show.

It works.

I'd rather come over and drink your beer while watching.... :tongue:

We'll talk after DCA, out of town for vacation this coming weekend and at Shamrock Fest the following.... then there's that Ro-cha-cha thing (for you guys anyway)....

Thanks.....

I'd rather come over and drink your beer while watching.... :tongue:

We'll talk after DCA, out of town for vacation this coming weekend and at Shamrock Fest the following.... then there's that Ro-cha-cha thing (for you guys anyway)....

Thanks.....

we can watch on my phone at INT

:tongue:

I'll also go on record and say I don't EVER remember hearing that much interference of corps warming up. I know the humidity helped sound travel like a Ryan Howard home run leaving Citizens Bank Park, but at one point Saturday the sound came from the direction of the Ham Fam. It ruined a few ballads.

Amen. It was PARTICULARLY bad this year. I've come to expect it when at that show, but it stood out a lot more this year. Not sure if hornlines in the park are actually facing away from the stadium. But you're right, it ruined a lot of nice moments in multiple shows, ESPECIALLY when it was coming from as close as the Hamilton Family Restaurant. Whatever corps warmed up there made a real impact on the experience in the stadium, which is a bad thing. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, just not well thought-out.

Yeah, both nights I think only the last two corps weren't occasionally spammed with horn or drum sounds from outside the stadium. Highly annoying.