Allentown Weekend

allow me to be...delicate.

########.

84 was not the 80 corps, and the crowd ate up 80 everywhere.

LOL !!!!!! OK Jeff, I will bring that up at our next practice.. Trust me I want to play it, but our director has the same "need to be south" feeling. AND HE MARCHED in the 80 Corps!!

Bridgemen...you guys got the worst of the weather, and showed the kids how to hype on it. Nice to hear moments of 82 and 76, and got a chuckle out of the "sop in a lawn chair couldnt find a spot in the drill" gag.

We did the gag for the first time this year at TOS. It was from a gag Bridgemen used originally back in '84 I think. Not being able to "find a spot in the drill" is actually the "RETURN OF THE PINBALL WIZARD" ,............................ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

Drums...got bless you trying to play in that rain. Show still feel like it needs more gags, tho the traffic jam was a nice nod to Skyliners.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WILL YOU DO THE CIVIL WAR FINALLY!!!

I had mentioned that to both George and Dennis individually last year in Ra-Cha-Cha the day before Prelims, as a tribute to the demise of the Yankee-Rebels. George said "It's a good idea, we'll see." Dennis said, "Well, we already have something planned but maybe sometime in the future." So,...I guess, we'll see!!!

They already had the "Tribute To The Heroes Of 911" planned.

Edited by NYSkyliner

last year in Ra-Cha-Cha the day before Prelims, as a tribute to the demise of the Yankee-Rebels. George said "It's a good idea, we'll see." Dennis said, "Well, we already have something planned but maybe sometime in the future." So,...I guess, we'll see!!!

Man... the Civil War thing would be a great fit for Annapolis, with, like you said, the Yankee Rebels no longer on the scene.

And I would really like to see corps like Hanover, perhaps Bucs Alumni, Reilly, maybe Blessed Sac returning... in the Alumni show at DCAs in Annapolis.

Maybe... the Westshoremen Alumni. I could then make history as the only guy performing with a corps in the morning... and announcing Finals at night.

OK... so a guy can dream, can't he???? :tongue:

Man... the Civil War thing would be a great fit for Annapolis, with, like you said, the Yankee Rebels no longer on the scene.

And I would really like to see corps like Hanover, perhaps Bucs Alumni, Reilly, maybe Blessed Sac returning... in the Alumni show at DCAs in Annapolis.

Maybe... the Westshoremen Alumni. I could then make history as the only guy performing with a corps in the morning... and announcing Finals at night.

Back in March a couple of Lancers had the same idea and promised to bring it up to the BoD. Haven't heard any more because I had to take the spring and summer off. Not holding my breath as I don't know how many members are usually out of town that weekend and we have some college members. And BoD has a (good) policy of not accepting a gig unless they know for sure enough members will be there to make a good showing.

LOL !!!!!! OK Jeff, I will bring that up at our next practice.. Trust me I want to play it, but our director has the same "need to be south" feeling. AND HE MARCHED in the 80 Corps!!

hmm. then allow me to be...gasp...logical.

The Bridgemen were known for world class talent and world class comedy. The last few years the talent is evident, but the comedy is lacking to even when the Alumni corps first came back out. I realize it doesnt always translate well to an indoor standstill show, but on the field....thefans want to laugh!

I know, also being in an alumni corps that playing the same old #### over and over again can feel like playing Cabs closer every year :tongue:

I lovedthe nod to 82 and 76 this year. Awesome! I loved Winnetkabrought back, LOMB,and others.

I realize asking the corps now to do a company front on their knees is asking a bit much ( hmm...walkers would be good comedy LOL)

But this is one of the MOST endearing moments in Bridgement history, right up with killing Tony after he showed his bad disco dancing technqiue in 81 and the blindfolds.

Lombero is an ok tune...but it's not Bayonne. The comedy is ok....but it's not Bayonne. Hell Many fans would be ok with seeing the comedy from (insert year here).

I'll be honest....if the mad dash to get dry hadn't made the stadium a sardine can, I would have waited to watch you guys at DCA. I know I'm not alone either.

SO PLAY THE ####### CIVIL WAR SUITE.

then WSS. hell do the whole 82 show. Be the Bridgemen again. It seems IMO that you guys are suffering from what other alumni corps have...an arranger comes in, his has their own ideas and agendas, and that corps loses it's identity

We did the gag for the first time this year at TOS. It was from a gag Bridgemen used originally back in '84 I think. Not being able to "find a spot in the drill" is actually the "RETURN OF THE PINBALL WIZARD" ,............................ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

I had mentioned that to both George and Dennis individually last year in Ra-Cha-Cha the day before Prelims, as a tribute to the demise of the Yankee-Rebels. George said "It's a good idea, we'll see." Dennis said, "Well, we already have something planned but maybe sometime in the future." So,...I guess, we'll see!!!

They already had the "Tribute To The Heroes Of 911" planned.

the good news is you play the part of a glory boy lead sop diva well :tongue:

The bad news is when you find your spot, you march like one too :tongue:

if finals had landed in Hershey before the lawsuit, it would have happened.

Learned it all from Ponzo!!!! :rolleyes:

You need a cooler with frozen snickers bars and coors light in it.tongue.gif

Again, Great review, Jeffy poo, or is it goo nowdevil.gif. At least you speak your mind without fear of some schmuck responding about how things werent like that in XXXX year. Who knows, maybe the CWS will happen some year down the road.Not my call.rolleyes.gif

You need a cooler with frozen snickers bars and coors light in it.tongue.gif

Yeah,....And I could hand them out to the horn line when I'm coming back on the field!!!!! That's the ticket,...That the ticket......But can't have alcohol on the field,....Maybe some "Rock Star",....the sugar free, low calorie type,...in the blue can.:cool:

Again, Great review, Jeffy poo, or is it goo nowdevil.gif. At least you speak your mind without fear of some schmuck responding about how things werent like that in XXXX year.

Do you play tennis Jay? Great back hand skills there.:laughing:

Who knows, maybe the CWS will happen some year down the road.Not my call.rolleyes.gif

I'd like to see that. Kind of a tribute to the Yankee-Rebels. :whistle: (whistling dixie :sigh: )