Blue Knights are being hosed

i personally think that blue knights have an OK sound, not as good as madison or blue stars (of the non top 6 corps), in reference to demand... both physically and musically i believe bs like i said is being hosed, call me a star fanboy but i call it like i see it... in all honesty i don't see that blue knights has all that hard of a show

• Like 3

I think it would be accurate to start a blue stars are being hosed thread imho....

INT can't get a decent break either.

Same ol', same ol' every year.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

INT can't get a decent break either.

Same ol', same ol' every year.

Yeah but INT gets at least 2-3 slots a show to try and figure it out!! :thumbup:

In all seriousness, Brasso and I were having a discussion relevant to this thread. BK has had some tough breaks this summer with performance slots at regionals, (12th spot 4 out of 4) rain outs, judging inconsistencies etc... But through it all they've never let it get to them. The true mark of a Great Group is being able to control your performance no matter what factors present themselves in your way. BK has done this and perservered. They are peaking now at a very good time and I think that score wise they're where I thought they'd be earlier in the summer. It might have taken some time and they might have taken a few lumps, but THE BLUE KNIGHTS ARE GETTING ENGLISH NOW!! :devil:

Wes Perkins

BK 97 98

Edited by wesleyrp
  • Like 1

bump for being proven wrong, looks like they finally got a score they deserved. way to go BK!

I was thrilled to see them throw one down tonite..... I was in Denver the first week of June and went to a few of their rehearsals at Adams City HS. I saw alot of potential--for the show to grow....as it was plenty messy as they were still learning drill as well. Regardless of where they place, I think they have found a groove and they are fun to watch. I do not agree with the thought that "this show is easy". I do not feel you make it into the top twelve with an easy show. They have come a long way baby............

I completely agree with your observation. I would just like to say and I hope that this would also get back to the young people in BK. Regardless of how they "place" this corps for a while now has an approach to musical expression that is to my ear and heart a wonderful balance of technical learning to the end result of expressing true emotion in their music. Take last years rendition of the Nimrod it was every bit as good and better than CC IMO. It was tear rendering beautiful. I always look forward to seeing them. Even though I am a relic from the 60s having 4 titles with the Cavaliers and still play professionally and will always bleed green I look to corps like the BKs to educate and extend the drum corps experience to anyone who is fortunate to join them.

Thank you for articulating these words. I attended finals 2010 and play the CDs at work with headphones on. It's the same as when I heard that hornline live. They truly have musical expression. I heard a sound that was lost and now found in the young people in BK. Respectfully, lindap :-) as an aside their 2011 repertoire reminds me of Anaheim Kingsmen :-;

Yeah but INT gets at least 2-3 slots a show to try and figure it out!! :thumbup:

In all seriousness, Brasso and I were having a discussion relevant to this thread. BK has had some tough breaks this summer with performance slots at regionals, (12th spot 4 out of 4) rain outs, judging inconsistencies etc... But through it all they've never let it get to them. The true mark of a Great Group is being able to control your performance no matter what factors present themselves in your way. BK has done this and perservered. They are peaking now at a very good time and I think that score wise they're where I thought they'd be earlier in the summer. It might have taken some time and they might have taken a few lumps, but THE BLUE KNIGHTS ARE GETTING ENGLISH NOW!! :devil:

Wes Perkins

BK 97 98

I seem to recall what the folks of Boston once did when they kept getting too much of " THE ENGLISH NOW ! ", Wes

( haha... just some friendly, ribbin', Wes )

Edited by BRASSO

One if by land, two if BK----oh wait a minute.....

Join the Revolution ! Throw " The English " out ! ( haha)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I seem to recall what the folks of Boston once did when they kept getting too much of " THE ENGLISH NOW ! ", Wes

( haha... just some friendly, ribbin', Wes )

Hahahaha Lmao!!! We'll cheer fir the English over the French this time!! Lol

"DOWN WITH THE ENGLISH" lol