Blue Knights are being hosed

BK definitely got what they deserved tonight. Clearly a better brass performance than SCV or Boston, both of which also had great brass performances.

BK definitely got what they deserved tonight. Clearly a better brass performance than SCV or Boston, both of which also had great brass performances.

I like Judge Judy on Brass. She's doing brass caption later this week, so we'll see what her verdict is.

Edited by BRASSO

I like Judge Judy on Brass. She's doing brass caption later this week, so we'll see what her verdict is.

You're right. I honestly think that BK and Boston are so well matched that their placement will have more to do with who's on the panel saturday night than anything else.

Boston has more of a Cadets/Gino Cipriani type sound, which I love. BK has more of an orchestral type of brass sound, less edge, but a little less intense as well.

I think one of the reasons why people are giving it up for Boston is because their sound seems to have more energy behind it and it just grabs you by the throat. It's almost apples to oranges between these two hornlines. Two different philosophies.

I agree the brass sound is expansive, and deserving of the kudos from fans.

Having spring training and winter camps at 5300 to 6000 foot elevation, I think, might have something to do wit that.

Its the " Denver Broncos " edge.

Edited by BRASSO

You're right. I honestly think that BK and Boston are so well matched that their placement will have more to do with who's on the panel saturday night than anything else.

Boston has more of a Cadets/Gino Cipriani type sound, which I love. BK has more of an orchestral type of brass sound, less edge, but a little less intense as well.

I think one of the reasons why people are giving it up for Boston is because their sound seems to have more energy behind it and it just grabs you by the throat. It's almost apples to oranges between these two hornlines. Two different philosophies.

And I LOVE them for that...traditional in your face drum corps at its best...

I'll also add I think it complements a more aggressive style that I've missed seeing from them...

Edited by Liahona

I don't really know if the teaching, or the philosophy of playing is all that much different between these 2 Corps, so who knows, you could be right.

And I LOVE them for that...traditional in your face drum corps at its best...

Hey, Liahona.. you're back. Thats great. We thought you'd been put into the Federal Witness Protection Program and just disappeared on us.

Hey, Liahona.. you're back. Thats great. We thought you'd been put into the Federal Witness Protection Program and just disappeared on us.

LOL...no I just was very clear and very serious about my boycott to the thread I will not mention...I did enjoy lot's of tweets and pictures all to myself tonight... :tongue:

On another note...Since everyone is talking about Blue Knights here....I'd like to congratulate them for their WIN tonight over BAC...Nice job and best of luck at Indy!

• Like 1

LOL...no I just was very clear and very serious about my boycott to the thread I will not mention...I did enjoy lot's of tweets and pictures all to myself tonight... :tongue:

On another note...Since everyone is talking about Blue Knights here....I'd like to congratulate them for their WIN tonight over BAC...Nice job and best of luck at Indy!

Me to, good job BK! It is going to be very interesting weekend. Can't wait to see it... LIVE! It's gonna be fun. Good luck!