Blue Knights are being hosed

Their brass is incredible. Looking at recaps from their recent shows, including Atlanta (which I was at), I have no idea how they're being scored so lowly in brass. I love Spirit's show this year, I think Boston is producing an incredible amount of sound, Blue Stars and SCV have two of my favorite shows of the year, and Madison is Madison - loud and entertaining. But I don't believe ANY of these corps are achieving the sound that Blue Knights are producing this year. They're playing an extremely challenging and technically demanding book on a level that, if they had the name of some of the corps in the top 6, would land them a top 5 finish in brass.

At any rate, if anyone from BK reads this, just know that regardless of the final placements for your brassline this year (which almost undoubtedly will be too low), that you have at least one impartial fan that is truly befuddled by the low scores you've been getting.

EDIT: just glanced at my signature, and I guess it's easy to see how I could look like a drummer with no real knowledge of brass. I am a french horn player by trade, and know my way around brass. Indoor percussion is more of a side project for me.

Boston in the press. Go to Bellefontaine Examiner online news paper.

Their brass is incredible. Looking at recaps from their recent shows, including Atlanta (which I was at), I have no idea how they're being scored so lowly in brass. I love Spirit's show this year, I think Boston is producing an incredible amount of sound, Blue Stars and SCV have two of my favorite shows of the year, and Madison is Madison - loud and entertaining. But I don't believe ANY of these corps are achieving the sound that Blue Knights are producing this year. They're playing an extremely challenging and technically demanding book on a level that, if they had the name of some of the corps in the top 6, would land them a top 5 finish in brass.

At any rate, if anyone from BK reads this, just know that regardless of the final placements for your brassline this year (which almost undoubtedly will be too low), that you have at least one impartial fan that is truly befuddled by the low scores you've been getting.

EDIT: just glanced at my signature, and I guess it's easy to see how I could look like a drummer with no real knowledge of brass. I am a french horn player by trade, and know my way around brass. Indoor percussion is more of a side project for me.

They need VISION. They are consistently BORING every Year!

No one ever remembers them...they fade away. They need a new Director!

oh...and here I thought you were talking about watering down their drill. My bad.

They need VISION. They are consistently BORING every Year!

No one ever remembers them...they fade away. They need a new Director!

eh, speak for yourself. They've consistently been one of my favorite corps since 2004, with 2006 being one of my all time favorite drum corps shows.

I was a little bummed when they moved away from the dark trilogy, but I haven't been disappointed in the least with a single one of their shows in years. I can watch and listen to their show from last year over and over again and not get bored, mostly because they are performing shows that most other corps seem to shy away from - shows that are about drill and music. I'm all for concepts and show themes, but it has to be effective. Shows that just have a name attached to the show with a bunch of cheap flashy little gimmicks do nothing more than annoy me, and BK doesn't do that. They play music (well), they march their drill, and they entertain the crap out of me.

Edited by FuriousSoundbyte