What if...

I'm thinking about this for a few days now. Are all the open class corps obliged to enter the world class competition today?

I can imagine that after a great season with a very nice finals-event in Michigan City, it is a sort of anti-climax marching your last show for a very big and probably almost empty stadium, 9 in the morning.

I'm just wondering how the policy about this is, and if corps can decide to not enter the world class competition?

Why wouldn't they want to, they love performing or they wouldn't be in Drum Corps to begin with. This is an opportunity for them to get to play in the dome under the lights for their shows to shine which is an opportunity most open class corps do not get.

• Like 1

Crowds not bad. Anytime u get the 1 hole in any Prelims crowds going to.be sparse. Was at 4 pm in MC. Buy mid morning middle sections filled out pretty well. Big venue.

Crowds not bad. Anytime u get the 1 hole in any Prelims crowds going to.be sparse. Was at 4 pm in MC. Buy mid morning middle sections filled out pretty well. Big venue.

English?

I'm thinking about this for a few days now. Are all the open class corps obliged to enter the world class competition today?

I can imagine that after a great season with a very nice finals-event in Michigan City, it is a sort of anti-climax marching your last show for a very big and probably almost empty stadium, 9 in the morning.

I'm just wondering how the policy about this is, and if corps can decide to not enter the world class competition?

...OC corps either apply or are invited to become WC and can option to stay in OC if they feel it's not to their benefit or within their ability fiscally to participate. Committing to the tour demands of WC is a heavy decision and not just monetarily, either. Logistics and the corps' internal demographic come into play also. But bottom line is mostly money; even with the better paychecks per show and more exposure for, say, souvie sales, the need for higher student fees and/or a better fund raising base at home is necessary for aspiring WC corps. The choice could be dangerous for the organization...there are a couple in recent memory that have failed to keep afloat after taking the plunge: Capital Regiment and Orlando Magic come to mind...

cg

Sorry about that. I was walking in Lucas, typing on my phone and holding a conversation at the same time. :tongue:

He commented about the empty stadium in Prelims. The crowd was not bad. You will have small crowd in the stands at the beginning for any 41 corps show that starts at 9 AM. So who ever is in the 1 hole (first) will see some empty seats.

It was pretty empty in Michigan City at 4 PM but filled in to be a packed house as late arrivals got there, any locals coming got off work and kids from early on came back to watch.

BUT by mid morning things were filling out pretty well and getting pretty crowded in the lower middle.

Lucas is a big venue.

OK THAT BETTER? :devil: