HAVE THE JUDGES SPOKEN AFTER QRTRS?

*Yawn* They're all winners. The band with the biggest speakers will win.

Thanks DCI is becoming BANDS International ,althought nothing more in International with all the Canadain corps gone .

Thanks DCI is becoming BANDS International ,althought nothing more in International with all the Canadain corps gone .

They aren't all gone, they're is still a few on OC life support.

I'd like to think it's a new contest every night but who knows. I think it's pretty much set except for 4th-5th place (Phantom is surging), and the battle for 8th-10th - BK is on fire and may just take that 8th spot. If Madison nails it they could take it as well. Boston has everything this year so they may just be 8th. At this point I don't much care but it is the best DCI season since I started paying attention to drum corps again in 2003. Looking forward to some streaming drum corps and wishing I was in Indy!

• Like 1

actually,...........I noticed how they treat the international corps as the red-headed step-children,.............the scores are always segregated at shows, yet the "I" in DCI stands for "INTERNATIONAL",.............(interestingly, yesterday most OC DCI corps that competed in the WC prelims scores dropped on the average of 21 points, whereas the two international corps dropped about 18 points)

actually,...........I noticed how they treat the international corps as the red-headed step-children,.............the scores are always segregated at shows, yet the "I" in DCI stands for "INTERNATIONAL",.............(interestingly, yesterday most OC DCI corps that competed in the WC prelims scores dropped on the average of 21 points, whereas the two international corps dropped about 18 points)

My Understanding for the reason the International corps being segregated into their own division is that they have diffrent rules back in their home circuits and have members that would not be eligible (overaged).

This type of response just irritates me to no end.

Drum corps ARE bands. They are a subset of the marching band, which is itself a form of a collection of musical instruments, otherwise known as a band.

Saying a drum corps isn't a band is like saying a human isn't a mammal...or perhaps not even a primate.

</rant>

Some people need to get over themselves.

So does that mean that an orchestra is an opera? Both use stringed instruments, after all.

Drum Corps is distinct from Marching Band mainly because of the instruments involved. Throughout music history, instrumentation has been one of the most important ways of separating genres. You know an orchestra is not a concert band because of the instruments involved.

If DCI adds woodwinds, then it will be a marching band. And Teal Sound has already made the leap.

So does that mean that an orchestra is an opera? Both use stringed instruments, after all.

Actually, the orchestra IS a component of the opera. It's just not the ONLY component.

That's like saying a standstill isn't a corps show. There's still a corps out there, just no marching component,

Garry in Vegas

• Like 1

Semis! Just as shocking as quarters. Who will be the biggest, bestest band on Saturday?

I don't think that there will be any changes in standings from Semis to Finals. Not one. The days of big moves & changes based on performance are gone. Corps arent judged based on performance anymore, Good show or bad, the judges keep everyone in their slot no matter what. A corps can't have a great show & move up a couple of spots anymore. I really miss this aspect of drum corps.

• Like 1