2011 DCI Finals Thread!

Aren't fairgrounds outdoors? The show in Indy has the roof closed. I don't think there would be too many disruptions.

Also, BD & Cadets warmed up at the Convention Center, then used the tunnel connection Convention Center w/LOS to avoid the weather.

Yea miracles of modern architecture!

BD trumpet soloist at the start of House is Not a Home is so sweet.

Is it me, or is the shade of blue on the left side of the corps uniform the most awesome shade of blue since the Reading Buccaneers switched unis in 2005?

Michael Boo: I've just been informed that it's been pouring outside, but Blue Devils and The Cadets went into the Convention Center to warm up and then walked into the stadium through the tunnel connect the two buildings that opened up since the last time we were here.

Go awesome bad weather logistics.

Oh yeah I read that on GH's facebook page earlier.

Blue Devils horns on fire. They are just plain ripping face.

The props take away so much from this show by causing clutter on the field for a relatively minor payoff at the end.

• Like 4

Cavaliers in upside down action:

94808249067427d02881e0ddfb675b5e.jpg

I'm probably the ONLY one who really wants to watch the mallet players during this moment: what they're doing is just as incredible (er...extraordinary...xtraordinary)

*edit*

That being said, great pic!

(actually they've all been enjoyable)

Edited by perc2100

ok stupid question...i logged into the fan network and see no link to view retreat. will it just appear?

Final chord of Summer of '77 (I think, don't know my Bacharach) just rings. When a BD horn line is this good and not taking the top spot in horns, that just speaks to how amazing horns are this year in general.

I'm probably the ONLY one who really wants to watch the mallet players during this moment: what they're doing is just as incredible (er...extraordinary...xtraordinary)

Are they splitting those runs? I never realized that, if true.

ok stupid question...i logged into the fan network and see no link to view retreat. will it just appear?

Apparently...