2011 DCI Finals Thread!

Comparing books to the top 4 their book was much simpler and may I add a bit more boring.

I could listen to the opener and closer continuously. BD on the other hand, probably just I Say a Little Prayer.

• Like 2

Note: this poster was not compensated by DCP for his comments. :tongue:

And not likely that he will be in the future. :tongue:

Great job every one. Top to bottom the best finals I have attended. Very enjoyable time for this guy. I only have 1 beef about 2 units at Finals, but I'll keep that to myself as to not create a stink. I hope the corps can be this competitive in 2012.

• Like 1

GO CADETS!!!!!!! I wonder how many times a corps won without winning brass percussion or guard captions.

Only times i can think of is 1998 when the Cadets won and 2001 when the Cavies took it.

1998 Finals

1. Cadets 98.4

2. SCV 97.9 Won Percussion

3. BD 97.7 Won Guard and Brass (Highest scoring 3rd Place show to date)

2001 Finals

1. Cavies 98.35

2. BD 97.60 Won Guard and Brass

2. Cadets 97.60 Won Percussion

• Like 1

I grabbed a tie out of the closet to wear to work tonight. My lovely bride took one look and said, "Blue and black? Tonight? Here, wear this one with maroon instead."

True story!

BTW, she'll also swear I said Juliet would kill herself on finals night.

One more thing for those wondering how many times Regiment has killed people on the field, the answer is 81, 82, 08 and 11.

Garry in Vegas

8,300 readers of DCI Live Blog x $40 Finals live Stream subscription = $332,000! :w00t:

I'd like them to charge $1 for the blog to see if the number of readers plummet. But I was glad to be in Indy to see it live, the ultimate Hi Def!

• Like 1

I think someone asked this earlier about Visual, but if Cadets scored 29.10, 29.05 & 29.45 while BD scored 29.05, 29.35 & 29.65 how could Cadets have won Viz?....the math doesn't work! Just asking.

I think the confusion lies in this: there were announced wins for GE, Brass, Percussion, Guard and Visual Performance. That's fine, but why ignore Visual Ensemble (BD) and Music Ensemble (Cadets)? Are they any less important than the aforementioned? This wasn't live PBS with a time limit. I remember 1985 when they announced captions before scores. Visual and Guard to SCV and Drums to BD. Cadets 3peated, but their caption awards weren't announced until after. Was that supposed to be "suspense?" (After PBS cut out, they snatched the Guard trophy from SCV and gave it to Spirit. Oops!)

2001 Finals

1. Cavies 98.35

2. BD 97.60 Won Guard and Brass

2. Cadets 97.60 Won Percussion

Although I believe cavies won the guard trophy. So perhaps it's just 1998. I wonder about 1988, I know BD won brass, Scv percussion, but guard? Can't remember...

Although I believe cavies won the guard trophy. So perhaps it's just 1998. I wonder about 1988, I know BD won brass, Scv percussion, but guard? Can't remember...

Phantom won Guard. Funny: in the background, you can hear the Best Guard announcement with the camera on the Scouts' guard. When BC says "Phantom Regiment," the guy front/center just opens his mouth in appalled shock. (Madison won guard in prelims)