2011 DCI Finals Thread!

OK.... I must be doing my job if I'm annoying people and making others Cringe!! LOL :thumbup:

GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

Just one more time for you Wes:

bk%252520get%252520english.png

• Like 2

OK.... I must be doing my job if I'm annoying people and making others Cringe!! LOL :thumbup:

Many corps have slogans yelled by people for their show every year. During the Dark Blue Knights Years I always yelled- Get Evil Baby!! Now of course I changed that title accordingly. The BK Fan Base Adopted my Slogan this year and ran with it. At Finals I can Audibly hear two GET ENGLISH BABY's being yelled before the start of the show. A large group of people actually had their own 2011 BK Shirts Made and had them at Finals with the Annoying, make you cringe Slogan! :tongue: One thing is for sure, I definitely do not need an ENGLISH Lesson, especially one about music lit. as I have been a music educator for many years and am not a Dumbarse, or at least sometimes! Instead of pulling out a microscope to comb through my slogan inaccuracies, why not just look at the title of the BK Show.... An ENGLISH Folk Song Suite. See here was the secret, I took the ENGLISH out of the title, bookended it with GET and BABY, added wild usage of exclamation points and got? GET ENGLISH BABY!!! Plus it sounds better than- GET BRITISH LOVE, or GET BETTER TEETH or OH BEHAVE BABY YEEEAAAHHHH!!! Oh well on a serious note if I ruined anyones enjoyment of this website or it's threads I say... bwaaahahahahaha... LOL.

Just so that I finish in style I have something for the person who posted they didn't want to see this again-

GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY GET ENGLISH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

Enjoy the day and watching drum corps from a spectacular summer, glad I could add some annoyance to it!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Wes P

Nothing but love for BK or you. I LOVED the British themed show this year for sure!

You're a positive force per usual.

I just heard a comment from a couple of British friends who took offence to the term. They said it was akin to calling all latinos "Mexican". So, your slogan gave me an opportunity to review some history and learn to be more PC.

Get British, Baby! ph34r.giftongue.gif

Hahaha love it JJeff. Although here in San Antonio many of the Hispanic population do not see it offensive to be called Mexican because they came from or have relatives in Mexico. Quite a few friends of mine growing up were 1st or second generation Mexican Americans. I guess it just depends on the usage of the term and geographic locales!

Thanks for supporting BK I know the members and staff read thus board some and are glad to hear great things from fans!!:-)

Wes P

Hahaha love it JJeff. Although here in San Antonio many of the Hispanic population do not see it offensive to be called Mexican because they came from or have relatives in Mexico. Quite a few friends of mine growing up were 1st or second generation Mexican Americans. I guess it just depends on the usage of the term and geographic locales!

Thanks for supporting BK I know the members and staff read thus board some and are glad to hear great things from fans!!:-)

Wes P

LOVE, LOVE, LOVED the show! worthy.gifthumbup.gif

I loved the amount of support that BK got this year for their show and hope to see more in the future from them in this style!

Sorry for not being uber positive with it in this thread! I'm personally in the DC area, and the Latino population here is mixed between many Spanish speaking groups who are trying desperately to distinguish themselves from one another. I know it's different in other parts of the country for sure.

As for the English comment, I was really surprised to see my "British" friends react to the slogan as strongly as they did, but what can I say to them? They get on us "Yanks" for being insensitive to their cultures. Oh well...

I gotta tell you, I can not wait to see what BKs team comes up with for next year! I'm also looking forward to seeing what you come up with as the new slogan l'année.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVED the show! worthy.gifthumbup.gif

I loved the amount of support that BK got this year for their show and hope to see more in the future from them in this style!

Sorry for not being uber positive with it in this thread! I'm personally in the DC area, and the Latino population here is mixed between many Spanish speaking groups who are trying desperately to distinguish themselves from one another. I know it's different in other parts of the country for sure.

As for the English comment, I was really surprised to see my "British" friends react to the slogan as strongly as they did, but what can I say to them? They get on us "Yanks" for being insensitive to their cultures. Oh well...

I gotta tell you, I can not wait to see what BKs team comes up with for next year! I'm also looking forward to seeing what you come up with as the new slogan l'année.

LOL I'm sure the show next year will be incredible and my slogan Uber Annoying!!! :tongue: Take it easy, have a great rest of the summer.. Guess it's time for Cowboys Football- GET JERRY BABY!!!

Wes P

Big BD Fan here. Great season to all the corps, a truly GREAT and enjoyable season. I hate to say this since I'm not a fan of Hopkins, but what a great design he and the Cadets staff put together this year. As much as I hate to see BD lose, I'm glad they lost to this show. I just hope the Cadets continue down this path of design. I'm already looking forward to next season!

BD was truly awesome at finals and my favorite show.

Cadets and Cavies a close second in my poll....

Crown set a new first engaging the whole stadium from the time they stepped on the field until the time they left

and OMG....Phantom !!!!

LOL I'm sure the show next year will be incredible and my slogan Uber Annoying!!! :tongue: Take it easy, have a great rest of the summer.. Guess it's time for Cowboys Football- GET JERRY BABY!!!

Wes P

Get rid of Jerry.

Signed a Cowboys fan

Get rid of Jerry.

Signed a Cowboys fan

Amen!! I'm willing to give Garrett a shot and am happy about Rob Ryan but they'll never get personel or correct decision making tools cause of Jerry and Stephen Jones!! I'm loyal to Cowboys just not Jerry!!:-)