2011 DCI Finals Thread!

Great drill devleopment into the final form of the opener. Crowd really liked the opener, too!

You'd think these members would have gotten tired of running to their sets during rehearsal. Now they have to do it during the show, too. Just not fair, man.

fflqk.jpg

Bitter sweet moment for Boston Crusaders after their last performance...

Y'know, the lone horn player during the ballad who is trapped by the guard, then dances with them, is pretty #### good and fun to watch. The horns have a great moment with the main statement of the ballad, too. Very uplifting, even in Hell.

• Like 1

Someone let M. Boo know that a corps member without a plume is usually a notice to the judges that that person has an injury. Most likely with a leg.

So if a member so indicated is out of step, do the judges just ignore that?

fa6227c2317e8594eb746845f5d6627bc4a2934f5f5280f72266678b68affc546g.jpg

Santa Clara Vanguard taking the field!

I haven't noticed it, so I'm guessing there's no Viper by the cymbals this year?

VANGUARD!!!!

• Like 1

The balance and blend of the Bluecoats horns, from top to bottom, is simply luscious. I'm glad they get featured in Creep like they do. Now, dump all the synth angelic voices which destroy the horn cutoff before the mello solo. Oh, wait, it's Finals, YOU CAN'T.

Of course, that effect is exactly what the Bluecoats' electronics designer was so proud of during the Prelims theatercast.