2011 DCI Finals Thread!

Good luck to all! What a glorious summer......so sad to see it end! Thanks DCP for all the fun. GO SCV! and GO Cadets!!

:thumbup:

Good luck to all corps tonight, by far my favorite year sense I have begun watching DCI. Special shout out to Spirit of Atlanta!

Does anyone know what the delay will be between when corps march tonight and when the VOD on Fan Network will post? Trying to decide if it is worth updating my Fan Network subscription! Thanks in advance.

Edited by DavidWB

Since some people (including me) were having trouble tracking this down (since a thread can get bumped 3-4 pages in a matter of hours)...

GE Visual: Lee Carlson and Frank Morris

GE Music: Nola Jones and Richard Saucedo

Visual Performance: Bruce Jones

Visual Ensemble: Mike Lentz

Color Guard: Mike Turner

Brass Performance: Andy Cook

Music Ensemble: Albert Lo

Percussion Performance: Jeff Prosperie

Blue Devils ? Cadets ? Cavaliers ? Two horse race ? Three horse race ? Suprise upset ? Three night sweep ?? Who wins? Who will take it ? Who will win ?????

Thats easy.....We did !! What a great year for fans, a real legitimate battle for the top spot that saw four corps lead at one time or another during the season, A solid top five with a variety of styles.....Wide range of emotions, epic shows, and solid programming throughout.

The kids/corps of this year are doing their best to entertain, and I for one, think this is one of the greatest years in recent memory.....So many sub-plots, so many good shows.

What interesting about tonight ??

Who wins, Cadets, BD, or Cavies: Being politically correct, its nice to say "Could go either way" Reality ?? Cadets got this one, and deservedly so...TO me, this is by far their best total package since 2000. Great concept, presentation of concept and execution of concept. Audience friendly, member challenging and really one of the best ending ever !!

BD/Cavaliers Awesome show true to their style and great for fans also.

Carolina Crown, audience friendly and very competitive. "Will Phantom turn it up and catch Crown" ?? Can Crown move into the top three ??..another sub-plot.

What happens between Bluecoats, SCV, and BAC, do they change positions ??

Do Scouts bounce back and catch BK and BAC ??

Where do the Blue Stars fit in ??

Welcome back Spirit of Atlanta !! DO they stay content with making it in, or do they strive to move up a placement ??

Who wins brass? Who wins drums ? What about guard ?? Who's judging ?? AHHHH So many credible outcomes...

Thank you corps for a great year.....

Geoffrey

• Like 5

Blue Devils ? Cadets ? Cavaliers ? Two horse race ? Three horse race ? Suprise upset ? Three night sweep ?? Who wins? Who will take it ? Who will win ?????

Thats easy.....We did !! What a great year for fans, a real legitimate battle for the top spot that saw four corps lead at one time or another during the season, A solid top five with a variety of styles.....Wide range of emotions, epic shows, and solid programming throughout.

The kids/corps of this year are doing their best to entertain, and I for one, think this is one of the greatest years in recent memory.....So many sub-plots, so many good shows.

Who wins, Cadets, BD, or Cavies: Being politically correct, its nice to say "Could go either way" Reality ?? Cadets got this one, and deservedly so...TO me, this is by far their best total package since 2000. Great concept, presentation of concept and execution of concept. Audience friendly, member challenging and really one of the best ending ever !!

Carolina Crown, audience friendly and very competitive. "Will Phantom turn it up and catch Crown" ?? Can Crown move into the top three ??..another sub-plot.

Welcome back Spirit of Atlanta !! DO they stay content with making it in, or do they strive to move up a placement ??

Who wins brass? Who wins drums ? What about guard ?? Who's judging ?? AHHHH So many credible outcomes...

Geoffrey

Excellent post.

IIRC they got it up by the next morning last year.

Yup, that's how I remember it.

Geoffrey

Very well said, this is the best season I have seen in a very long time. One can only hope there are more competitive season like this in the future.