2011 DCI Finals Thread!

Man, the pit during 160BPM has such a tough job keeping the crowd involved as the horns and drums regroup. They not only do it, they nail it.

Standing O after 160BPM and that insane drill at the end.

Doxology from the demons now. I love how they start reverent, then start adding some discord and demonic interpretation.

Angels in wings and halo formation. Demons in pitchfork and tail. Crowd applauds again!

• Like 1

dc1b4852c84e89e75373eafea8e99da26bee4e8ce886e28f9b734ec3bc9f9cdb6g.jpg

The Cadets!

Lightning still happening outside, but I'm barely noticing it thanks to everything on the field tonight.

Standing after Amazing Grace, too!

Oh,Oh..I'm hearing that the Cadets are killing it too...what a great night for DCI and all the fans...

Cali.

Edited by Calistar
  • Like 2

rwsmithcomposer Robert W. Smith

Blue Devils. An incredible performance! Thank you for your performance excellence and artistic vision!

StephyMichelle4 Stephanie Smith

The ending soloist in the Cadets is beyond gorgeous.

Lots of symmetrical drill this year, huh? X's & O's, guitar, 'rock on' sign, music notes, houses, angels, pitchforks...

Not so much symmetrical as literal. The pitchfork tail, for example, bends to the left and even whips a little, nice effect.

Closer now. The head angel is abck on the field and has just defeated the demon, spreading her wings in triumph.

"Rays of light" sheets now pulling out onto the field. Horns have gone from quiet to insane, now into final drill moves.

Crowd stood up again and are still standing during the nuts drill.

ROAR!!!!

Guys, I think they're gonna take it.

How did he do with the SCV opening announcement? ("Imagine you're in Hell, and you want out!") In the Prelims broadcast, he delivered it with no energy -- compare to the announcer at Allentown (or was that also him, on a better day?).

He's been doing this forever, so it must be trying. For an example of a bad day, check out Pride of Cinci's WGI 2010 show on TSTSNBN...announced a few minutes before the endph34r.gif.

Edited by c.l.