Somethings never change, huh :tongue:

have I ever been wrong?

:cool:

chelsgabbard chelsea gabbard

the cadets show is making me cry.

text from wife there: "crowd on feet for last 30 seconds!"

CaptnCutler Bryson Cutler

Wow. Cadets. Mmm :)

Oh,Oh..I'm hearing that the Cadets are killing it too...what a great night for DCI and all the fans

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Reserving judgement until I get the blu-rays, but right now I'm leaning towards "favorite finals ever," regardless of outcome. FINALLY a year has knocked down 1992 for me! 1987 is still VERY close 2nd (maybe 3rd), with 95 rounding out 3rd (maybe 4th).

FWIW, for reference my first year of live shows = 1991, and my first finals was 1992

braceletfiend Joy Matthews

Yep. The Cadets are my favorite. :)

Doxology from the demons now. I love how they start reverent, then start adding some discord and demonic interpretation.

As I've said before, this is very reminiscent of J.R.R. Tolkien's writing:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

But now Ilúvatar sat and hearkened, and for a great while it seemed good to him, for in the music there were no flaws. But as the theme progressed, it came into the heart of Melkor to interweave matters of his own imagining that were not in accord with the theme of Ilúvatar, for he sought therein to increase the power and glory of the part assigned to himself. […]

Some of these thoughts he now wove into his music, and straightway discord arose about him, and many that sang nigh him grew despondent, and their thought was disturbed and their music faltered; but some began to attune their music to his rather than to the thought which they had at first. Then the discord of Melkor spread ever wider, and the melodies which had been heard before foundered in a sea of turbulent sound.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I suppose if Cadets could perform Lord of the Rings in 2006,* it only makes sense that they'd get around to The Silmarillion.

*Which joke I am now retiring.

• Like 1

mdmackowiak Matt Mackowiak

I just wet myself. Thank you Cadets!