2011 DCI Finals Thread!

Thanks for blogging Kevin!

See u @ DCA!

I like how the tension during this piece is building. Nice sound from the horns.

Looks like the guard's changing uniforms. Flags had removed the hoodies, now the rifles have done the same and joined the flags. Great visual moment with them all up front.

Horn line started spread from end zone to end zone before coming forward. Coming into the big finish and they are letting loose!

That was impressive, BDB. You didn't let up from start to finish, either tonight or this entire season. You earned your three peat.

• Like 1

Blue Devils B in action:

7bcd144312ed35858010e2f565021856.jpg

• Like 1

Yup. The repetition can create monotony, but Boo is a professional, and I know he will find a way!

Kevin Gamin is there, as well. Just saw a photo of his vantage point (waaay up there) posted on Facebook, and look forward to reading his reports!

The key to three nights of blogs is having a different person joining Mike each night. That way they usually do most of the typing, it's their first time, and Mike can key off them.

7e732fcae3c6ebc0f3b9351987f8f23be1a28f1c574156fb8454b9f66d0c26cc6g.jpg

Blue Devils B!

• Like 1

Thanks Kevin, great job.

BTW, I sat next to a Music Department Director from Sarasota, FL last year at finals. Half way through world class finals, I asked him who his favorite corps was (he had a CC kind of tone about him). He said, "You won't believe this, but my very favorite of all the corps is..... BDB....love their show!"

Edited by Plan9

They're now recognizing corporate sponsors. Both the Marine D&B Corps and Army Field Band got big applause, along with Vic Firth himself.

Brandt Crocker has taken over duties for the night. Meanwhile, here comes Spirit!

They're now recognizing corporate sponsors. Both the Marine D&B Corps and Army Field Band got big applause, along with Vic Firth himself.