The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

I marched 09. The best part of that (Umm "Shiver: Winter in colorado" correct me if i'm wrong) was that their guard was hot. Like the shows are overall "good" but is there a moment that makes you want to go "WOOOOO". Like 2010 BD, it just feels like the golf clap is the best I can give them. You had 08 spartacus, 09 crown's whole show, blue stars awesome, BD was better then we allow, cadets not talking, bluecoats imagine. 2010 cavies, bloo, phantoms show, scouts hit, cadets were pretty good. BK IMO is kind of like SCV recently. Look at the Bartok. That's not a show that you go "i want the cd so i can hear that over and over again". It doesn't give you chills and make you remember why you love DCI and what it's all about.

BK 2009 was really a transition year from the older, darker programs to a more fan friendly show design. 2010 and 2011 were fantastic. I feel like BK makes me wanna jump up and shout "WHOOOO" because of how emotionally and musically they play as of late. Crowds do it at every show they play. They play REAL literature with melodic line. Crowds love that relationship and connection they're able to make. They appreciate it. Have you seen 2011 or 2010? Those shows are freaking phenomenal and absolutely gorgeous. It's impossible to not walk away humming Holst or Bizet. Check them out if you haven't seen them. You'll be surprised. If not, then everyone is entitled to their opinions. But I think you're keeping yourself from enjoying truly excellent programming from an extremely talented and classy organization.

• Like 2

BK 2009 was really a transition year from the older, darker programs to a more fan friendly show design. 2010 and 2011 were fantastic. I feel like BK makes me wanna jump up and shout "WHOOOO" because of how emotionally and musically they play as of late. Crowds do it at every show they play. They play REAL literature with melodic line. Crowds love that relationship and connection they're able to make. They appreciate it. Have you seen 2011 or 2010? Those shows are freaking phenomenal and absolutely gorgeous. It's impossible to not walk away humming Holst or Bizet. Check them out if you haven't seen them. You'll be surprised. If not, then everyone is entitled to their opinions. But I think you're keeping yourself from enjoying truly excellent programming from an extremely talented and classy organization.

At least the Blue Knights aren't doing all of that willy-nilly silly skipping, hopping, twitching, and corps proper degrading body movement they were doing back in '06. The Glassmen used to do that meaningless crap from the early '90s-'97 before they wised up and realized that only goes so far before it becomes laughable. I'm all for body movement for effect and such; just be smart about it.

• Like 3

I marched 09. The best part of that (Umm "Shiver: Winter in colorado" correct me if i'm wrong) was that their guard was hot. Like the shows are overall "good" but is there a moment that makes you want to go "WOOOOO". Like 2010 BD, it just feels like the golf clap is the best I can give them. You had 08 spartacus, 09 crown's whole show, blue stars awesome, BD was better then we allow, cadets not talking, bluecoats imagine. 2010 cavies, bloo, phantoms show, scouts hit, cadets were pretty good. BK IMO is kind of like SCV recently. Look at the Bartok. That's not a show that you go "i want the cd so i can hear that over and over again". It doesn't give you chills and make you remember why you love DCI and what it's all about.

At least BK doesn't get last place every year.

Also, if you're going to dis on how entertaining a corps is, don't make the corps you march obvious, and if you're going to make it obvious, make sure the shows you march are actually entertaining and has "WOOOOO" moments itself.

Edited by DCIfan90
  • Like 1

1. Cavaliers

2. Blue Devils(Just cause they always get 1 or 2, even with an awful show)

3. Crown(I am a Crown fan, and I don't put the first because 1. I want when I march to be the 1st win Hahah /selfish and 2. Cavaliers have been nudging at it forever)

4. Bluecoats

5. Cadets

6. Phantom

7. Spirit of Atlanta

8. Madison Scouts

9. Blue Stars

10 Santa Clara

11. Boston

12. Blue Knights

High Brass will go to Crown

Percussion will go to Santa Clara

Guard will go to Cavaliers

BRING ON THE -1s Hahahaha

• Like 3

Ohh prediction Threads hmm..

1. Cavailers

2. Santa Clara Vanguard (Believe people)

3. Crown

4. Blue Devils

5. Phantom

6. Cadets

7. Bluecoats

8. Madison

9. Boston

10. Blue Knights

11. Troopers

12. SOA

back into the darkness of the web I go :ph34r:

Edited by ohwiseone
  • Like 4

1. / 2. - Blue Devils/Cadets - They've got the most momentum coming from last year, and will probably put the cleanest shows out there again.

3. Crown - The usual crowd pleaser with a harder and cleaner book. Might push into 2nd.

4. Cavies - Loss of Gaines will have an impact, but not as much as people think.

5. SCV - Wozniak + Shaw + Rennick. A transition year, but still a solid program nonetheless.

6. Phantom - Lives on without Shaw.

7. Boston - Will possibly win the crowd over more this year, possibly pass Phantom.

8. Madison - They've got everything going for them design and staff-wise, so they'll likely break out of 10th.

9. Bluecoats - Program this past year might weaken them member-wise, and new staff might make it difficult to return to previous competitive placement.

10. Blue Knights - Even better design than before, but some staff changes may be problematic. With good recruiting, may push past Coats.

11. The Academy - Andre Feagin

12. Blue Stars - Weak program this past year might make recruiting difficult, but will not let other corps break into that Saturday Night show.

13. Spirit - Great momentum will carry over this year, but it will be difficult to get past the others.

14. Crossmen - Also good momentum, 2nd year of staff and design team will lead the corps to high places.

15. Troopers

16. Glassmen

17. Colts/Pacific Crest

My knowledge of the inner workings beyond the top 17 is too limited to make any kind of real prediciton...

• Like 1

I'll play.

1. BD/ Cavies ( BD come out swinging after a potential 3peat) ( Cavies been going at it for a while maybe is their time to shine)

3. Crown ( Extremely awesome brass)

4. Cadets ( Lose some momentum after winning )

5. Phantom Regiment ( Do just fine without Shaw )

6. Santa Clara Vanguard

7. Blue Knights ( Talent retention, Good Staff, Glen Crosby and Ralph Hardimon enough said. )

8. Blue Coats

9. Boston Crusaders ( Might lose some talent nd recruiting because of show )

10. Madison Scouts ( Crowd pleasing show maybe they can keep it up )

11. Blue Stars ( Recruiting is dificult after drop, building year )

12. Academy ( T Andre Feagin )

Cain Velasquez will beat Junior Dos Santos (OK, Cain got knocked out in 1:23 )

Ben Henderson will beat Clay Guida ( Henderson Won!)

Manny Pacquiao will KO Juan Manuel Marquez

Edited by boxingfred

12. Academy ( T Andre Feagin )

I don't understand the reasoning behind this. The man had some success with the Vanguard, but he can't singlehandedly propel a corps into finals. What about the kids that stay loyal to the departed brass staff? I'm not saying that Feagin won't be an asset to the corps, but he'll definitely have a little bit of building to do in order to establish his own brass technique book.

• Like 1

I don't understand the reasoning behind this. The man had some success with the Vanguard, but he can't singlehandedly propel a corps into finals. What about the kids that stay loyal to the departed brass staff? I'm not saying that Feagin won't be an asset to the corps, but he'll definitely have a little bit of building to do in order to establish his own brass technique book.

Exactly. Brass isn't even Academy's weakpoint - guard and visual is. Until they fix those captions, they are not making finals.