DCI Trivia

1986. And, in fairness, they did have a guard at various points of the show, but a very small one.

Can I make a suggestion ?

Whoever asks the trivia question, make the question a question newer fans can have a legitimate chance on answering.

If we start asking questions revolving around trivia from the 70's, 80's, we're gonna lose at least half the potential participants in this thread. So my suggestion would be for the trivia question to be something from the last decade.... OR a tradition question from long ago that is still practiced and is relevent today because the Corps or marchers, or fans still incorporate that today in some manner. ( ie, BAC chant of " Eat'em up Boston !... or " Splooie !...or Vanguard Viper, etc )

'Just a thought, anyway.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

I believe they actually had 6 full time guard members and at various times during the show brass and percussion members would do guard related things.

Yup, I think you're right, Phil. I used to think of Garfield not marching a guard at all in '86, but then I would watch the video and be surprised at how much of the show actually had some sort of guard . . . though, as I said before, a very small one.

So, dasboot, is this the correct answer to your question?

And what drum corps did Reliable Rondo start?

I'd give you a hint, but then the results would have to be waved off. :cool:

He was with Watkins Glen Squires long before he was with Florida Wave.

If the question is really what corps did he start, then answer is Wave, He started a new corps after the first Florida corps he worked with imploded.

He didnt start the Squires.

I believe they actually had 6 full time guard members and at various times during the show brass and percussion members would do guard related things.

I remember 12 actual guard. So saying 1986 as the answer isn't accurate...they DID have a guard...just a tiiiinnnyyy one.

I remember 12 actual guard. So saying 1986 as the answer isn't accurate...they DID have a guard...just a tiiiinnnyyy one.

OK, so maybe the question should have been phrased as: What year did the Garfield Cadets have a tiiiinnnyyy guard? LOL! :tongue:

Can I make a suggestion ?

Whoever asks the trivia question, make the question a question newer fans can have a legitimate chance on answering.

If we start asking questions revolving around trivia from the 70's, 80's, we're gonna lose at least half the potential participants in this thread. So my suggestion would be for the trivia question to be something from the last decade.... OR a tradition question from long ago that is still practiced and is relevent today because the Corps or marchers, or fans still incorporate that today in some manner. ( ie, BAC chant of " Eat'em up Boston !... or " Splooie !...or Vanguard Viper, etc )

'Just a thought, anyway.

In all fairness, I am a new fan. I only started following DCI in 2008. Also, I apologize for the incorrect information. I did not see the guard. my bad

1986. And, in fairness, they did have a guard at various points of the show, but a very small one.

Correct, the floor is yours

Correct, the floor is yours

OK, here's an easy one: What corps' color guard is credited with being the ***first to put choreography on the field?

***This should be an easy one, as it's one of those things that seems to grow in the retelling over the years. It's also a flawed notion (and maybe depends on one's definition of "choreography"), which I'll get into later. But there is a standard "correct" answer for this trivia question.

OK, here's an easy one: What corps' color guard is credited with being the ***first to put choreography on the field?

***This should be an easy one, as it's one of those things that seems to grow in the retelling over the years. It's also a flawed notion (and maybe depends on one's definition of "choreography"), which I'll get into later. But there is a standard "correct" answer for this trivia question.

SCV in 74???