Revolution Erupts

I was welcomed aboard Revo mid-july. They recruited me at the DCI Ogden show. I will be grateful for what they did for me. However, the way things were once i got back home, didnt please me in the slightest. My gf (who was also recruited), her bank account was in the negative several hundred dollars because the post-dated checks(they were dated for Sept. 10) she gave Mr. Quigly, were cashed before the date on the check. We've tried figuring stuff out, but he says she still owes the corps money even though her bank paid the corps. One check came back to her, that was for the accessories and stuff. The one for tuition was paid in full. Anywho, I would like to thank the Revolution DBC for giving me the experience I had. I learned alot in the 4 weeks that I was with them. Bryan, thank you for stepping up to help us all get home. You really went above and beyond what you were(or werent) being paid to do :). Im happy to see that the corps will be returning with major changes in staff. I wish you guys the best of luck in the 2012 season.

I was welcomed aboard Revo mid-july. They recruited me at the DCI Ogden show. I will be grateful for what they did for me. However, the way things were once i got back home, didnt please me in the slightest. My gf (who was also recruited), her bank account was in the negative several hundred dollars because the post-dated checks(they were dated for Sept. 10) she gave Mr. Quigly, were cashed before the date on the check. We've tried figuring stuff out, but he says she still owes the corps money even though her bank paid the corps. One check came back to her, that was for the accessories and stuff. The one for tuition was paid in full. Anywho, I would like to thank the Revolution DBC for giving me the experience I had. I learned alot in the 4 weeks that I was with them. Bryan, thank you for stepping up to help us all get home. You really went above and beyond what you were(or werent) being paid to do :). Im happy to see that the corps will be returning with major changes in staff. I wish you guys the best of luck in the 2012 season.

For those vets, staff, etc. who have read the quoted post from me, I do apologize if you were offended. I was not meaning to diss the corps or the old leadership. Im sorry if it seemed that way. I do love the corps, its members, and staff (past and present.) With the part about me saying "major changes in staff," I meant that I am interested in what direction that they will take Revolution. I fully support John Rod in him pursuing the culinary arts and I do appreciate him for the time he put in with the corps and allowing me to join mid-season. As for Mike Quigly, if anyone thought I was blaming him, I wasnt. I am thankful to him for helping me get down to Texas so I could be with Revo and working with me to get my tuition paid off. With the financial issues with me and the money that I owe them, I am working on it and will arrange something with Mike, so the corps will be paid. I understand that you guys were offended and I do apologize if it seemed like I was bashing old leadership.

• Like 1

For those vets, staff, etc. who have read the quoted post from me, I do apologize if you were offended. I was not meaning to diss the corps or the old leadership. Im sorry if it seemed that way. I do love the corps, its members, and staff (past and present.) With the part about me saying "major changes in staff," I meant that I am interested in what direction that they will take Revolution. I fully support John Rod in him pursuing the culinary arts and I do appreciate him for the time he put in with the corps and allowing me to join mid-season. As for Mike Quigly, if anyone thought I was blaming him, I wasnt. I am thankful to him for helping me get down to Texas so I could be with Revo and working with me to get my tuition paid off. With the financial issues with me and the money that I owe them, I am working on it and will arrange something with Mike, so the corps will be paid. I understand that you guys were offended and I do apologize if it seemed like I was bashing old leadership.

Corps cannot run on a sense of hope that members pay their dues, so somebody has to be held accountable for actions which could have hurt people and did hurt the corps. If not Jon or Mike then who grossly mishandled revenue for the corps? The instructional staff? The food volunteers? The truck drivers? Who, in your opinion, is to be held accountable for being out on the road in so much debt? Who allowed people to participate without paying up on their financial responsibility? Pray tell!

note: Those giving me *reds* obviously approve of a corps director running their corps in the red and into the ground; there could be no other objection to my statement above.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

Old management walked away without paying debts they owed; new management doesn't respond (even in the few cases where they even call back) with things they promised; last year's staff and those who helped the corps out of a bind are not even respected, let alone paid; where do we see a change?

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the staff who "weren't Paid" also the staff that never signed contracts, then stole equipment?

At what point will DCP just close this so people can't make unfounded claims to the detriment of the organization?

I'm all about FOI and accountability, but I'm fairly confident these people have already taken their "case" to DCI and been told to run along...

I'm pretty sure you sacrifice the moral high ground when you take equipment hostage.

I say that not as flame bait, but as perspective for whatever parent or prospective parent reads this.

The New Management is Fantastic, and has been working feverishly to rebuild the financial standing of the corps.

To hold them accountable for past bad acts (on the part of BOTH sides..) is more than a little foolish.

I think everyone involved has taken responsibility, as evidenced by the change in leadership.

Should anyone have to come here and explain every detail of their revelation to allow this issue to drop?

The previous administration didn't put their foot down with the membership regarding paying their dues. It was a family formed, family run, family-style organization that had too big of a heart. Sure it screwed them in the end, and the new administration is NOT following in those footsteps. There are policies and procedures in place to assure that doesn't happen ever again. It will hurt. It will be hard to send someone home for not paying their fees. But the new guys know that above all that's their job. And they take it seriously.

I'll say it again....there are procedures and policies in place that WILL NOT allow the same mistake to be repeated.

We've got 38 pages of drill to learn at the next camp

the music book is written, and being played VERY well

I already have my airline ticket (so they have some $$ at least...)

We've got a vibrant FB community of members

We're expecting to fill our final 6-8 contracts at this next camp, based on current recruiting #'s (but we all know how that goes)

If you're in San Antonio, and want to see some amazing stuff, come to the next camp.

Find out for yourself.

And Please, can we get this thread locked so it doesn't further devolve into a hurtful he-said she-said?

Michael

• Like 2