Favorite unnoticed drum corps show nuances?

Don't feel like reading 12 pages, so if Unity wasn't mentioned, I'd like to mention it. I love how Crossmen still reenact Unity at Sevierville. As they walk off the field in twos, the clasp hands and raise them in Unity, like we did after we were disqualified in '76. Not sure if people notice that or know why they do it. But it's cool that the corps still does it.

• Like 1

89 Dutch boy just after the drum major salute. You hear a probably drunk Canadian yell

"Don't F### with Canada!!"

Thought I misheard that but wasn't. Lol

• 1 year later...

I listen to Star '93 over and over and over again - and I know the crowd noise by heart... just before the final section starts, some guys are yelling "Hit it home! Go finish it! Do it! TAKE IT!" around 8:15-ish.... and it sounds downright WEIRD without them yelling that!

I noticed this morning in the car that Carolina Crown's 2008 show, "Finis" which is all about endings, opens with The Overture to Candide, which is the beginning. So does mean that the entire show is meant to try and find an ending to said overture, or was there another reason for that selection?

It opens with the finale to that Overture, not the beginning of it, so it still fits the theme perfectly.

2013 Mandarins-It was kind of obvious but many of my friends didn't notice that right before the drum break when the narrator gives a number (7 steps to the front door) the horn line plays that number of notes.

1981 Cavaliers

During SING SING SING the snare line spells an unprintable (in this forum) phrase with their drum sticks for one count.

2008 Cavalier Alumni Corps

During SING SING SING the snare line spells a variation of the same phrase at the same point in the song.

1978 SCV: During "If You Believe" from The Wiz, just before the big push, the guard members click their heels 3 times (a la Dorothy)...

2014 Bluecoats: When the hornline isn't playing, the members have their horns "tilted" from vertical to go along with the show theme...