Favorite unnoticed drum corps show nuances?

End of SCV '99, the drill is actually an A and a V, in reference at Art Velarde, (sp?) a member who was unfortunately killed in a car accident before the season started.

• Like 2

Just from this year, I didn't notice until Finals that there was a stray demon at the end of the Cadets' show that doesn't convert. Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I just hadn't looked off to the side that far in previous shows.

I believe this is in the 2011 Blue Knights show (please correct me if I'm wrong).

There's a portion of the show where the mellophone section is down in front on the left hand side of the field around the 10-20 yard line. The guard takes their sabers and put them in holders in the backs of the mellos uniforms (about half the section). There is a minute or more of music/drill where the mellos are now towards the back of the field on the same side. There, the guard retrieves their sabers and continues their drill.

I just thought this was a very creative way of getting the guard equipment to a different portion of the field. And I'm sure there will be a number of references where it's been done before, but I just thought it was cool to watch.

I believe this is in the 2011 Blue Knights show (please correct me if I'm wrong).

There's a portion of the show where the mellophone section is down in front on the left hand side of the field around the 10-20 yard line. The guard takes their sabers and put them in holders in the backs of the mellos uniforms (about half the section). There is a minute or more of music/drill where the mellos are now towards the back of the field on the same side. There, the guard retrieves their sabers and continues their drill.

I just thought this was a very creative way of getting the guard equipment to a different portion of the field. And I'm sure there will be a number of references where it's been done before, but I just thought it was cool to watch.

I thought that was cool too. It made them look like Knights! (sort of)

• Like 2

End of SCV '99, the drill is actually an A and a V, in reference at Art Velarde, (sp?) a member who was unfortunately killed in a car accident before the season started.

Very nice, I didn't know about the meaning.

Just from this year, I didn't notice until Finals that there was a stray demon at the end of the Cadets' show that doesn't convert. Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I just hadn't looked off to the side that far in previous shows.

Yep, he's freaking out in the back right corner. I kinda wished he had been backfield, instead.

Also, in the Blue Stars' show this year, during the ballad when the corps does the footwork, moves like 4 steps, then does more footwork, moves another 4 steps or so, with the bari/euphs in the middle and the rest of the brass outlining it, the outside brass kinda like "tighten" the group in the middle, as if they were slowly enveloping them - I think it was supposed to have signified the part in The Matrix when Neo digs his hand into Trinity's chest cavity, pulls out the bullet, then grabs her heart and starts it again.

That is what I have gotten out of it, anyway.

Wasn't the show about the Bourne trilogy??

-The drill at the end of SCV 1999 is the same drill that is used earlier in the show but evolves into a wedge at the last second

SCV brought back the same move at the end of their "New Era Metropolis" show in 2001, but after the pull, the block splits into two, which rotate and then collapse back into one.

Little Jeffery ? :shutup:

• Like 4