SCV 2012

Keeping with the Vanguard moniker, rather than bringing back something of old, I would love to hear them bring to the field choral music that has never been performed by a drum corps. A couple of suggestions:

Curse Upon Iron by Veljo Tormis

There Shall Be Rest by Frank Tichelli

Christus Resurgens by Michael McGlynn

If you haven't heard them, go to the old YT and look 'em up. These aren't your father's choral anthems. :-)

I would love to hear any version of the Tenderland (I love that music).

Also, for purely selfish reasons, I'd love for SCV to do Barber's Adagio for Strings...maybe this time on the APD there won't be any -extremely- annoying "KRISSSSSTAAAAAAAAAAAA" at the end of it too...

Again, selfish reasons haha

I'd love to hear any of the following:

Giannini's 3rd symphony, 4th movement

Capriccio Espanol

I dont recall them ever playing these charts...

But... no matter what they play, they have to bring back the tunnel and white pants!!!

That would be cool!!![/b]

Mannie, they used Giannini's 3rd symphony, 4th movement as their opener in 1982-3, (one of my favorite openers!). They played Capriccio Espanol in '82 as well.

Edited by skajerk

Agreed on this point. 45 is not exactly a loaded anniversary. Personally I like the trend of late with SCV's programming. I'd love to see a good corps take on Hindemith's Symphony for Band or Janacek's Sinfonietta.

I've been pushing for Regiment to do the Janacek every year, but as of yet they have continued to ignore me! :tongue:

Keeping with the Vanguard moniker, rather than bringing back something of old, I would love to hear them bring to the field choral music that has never been performed by a drum corps. A couple of suggestions:

Curse Upon Iron by Veljo Tormis

There Shall Be Rest by Frank Tichelli

Christus Resurgens by Michael McGlynn

If you haven't heard them, go to the old YT and look 'em up. These aren't your father's choral anthems. :-)

Ticheli has now done a band arrangement of There Shall Be Rest which he titled simply "Rest." It's a great piece.