1982/3 Knights Semi Finals Video's (Full)

My brother just sent me these...and he's stationed in Afghanistan. They are the full semi final video's uploaded by someone named joepangelo. So Joe, if you're reading this :worthy: thanks! Not sure you came about these, but thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRkMMIORZUA&feature=channel_video_title

Those two season were VERY interesting for the Knights . In '82 there was that huge 15-point improvement

over the last two weeks of the season (between DCI Midwest and DCI Championship), while in '83 it was practically the opposite.

The Knights probably had the pinnacle of their success (ever) at DCI Midwest, beating the Freelancers, Bridgemen, Sky Ryders and Cavaliers.

The final three weeks of the season saw those four corps pass the Knights to make DCI finals, while the Knights had to settle for 16th.

I still really enjoy that '83 Knights show.

Brian,

If the Knights had made finals in 1983, I think the corps might still be around. After that season, their membership numbers began to dwindle. In 1985, the corps did "Jesus Christ Superstar" with really nice arrangements, but the hornline was about 35. I wonder how that show would have done with a full corps.

Brian,

If the Knights had made finals in 1983, I think the corps might still be around. After that season, their membership numbers began to dwindle. In 1985, the corps did "Jesus Christ Superstar" with really nice arrangements, but the hornline was about 35. I wonder how that show would have done with a full corps.

I always wondered how far that '85 corps could have gone. It was a great show.

Brian,

I was on the brass staff in 1985/86 and have to say that with a larger corps, we could have competed with the big boys. We just needed a larger guard/ hornline. Our drumline was a good size; comparable to larger corps. Just my 2 cents worth.

Seriously, is there anything about DCI anymore that doesn't suck?