Paid attendance figures for DCI World Championships

Montreal '80 or '81 was the largest attendance I have ever seen anywhere in drumcorps. Finals or otherise. Not sure how many were there, but it dwarfed any finals I have been to in the last twenty years

I was in Montreal for the championships in 1981, and 1982. The crowd was huge! Maybe it was bigger than Birmingham, but Birmingham had large crowds also in 1979, and 1980.

stop resurrecting old threads!

Almost eight months to the day after the last post. Kim Kardashian got married just a week earlier and this thread was inactive for all but that first week of the wedding, staying dead months longer than Kardashian's marriage has been.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I was in Montreal for the championships in 1981, and 1982. The crowd was huge! Maybe it was bigger than Birmingham, but Birmingham had large crowds also in 1979, and 1980.

Yes, the Finals attendance in Montreal was a little less than double what this year's Finals paid Attendance was.( 22,000). I was watching the ESPN Finals telecast on youtube from 2005 last nite, and Rondo mentioned twice in the telecast that there was ( his words )" 25,000 in paid attendance " at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Ma. that year. On a positive note, this years Finals paid attendance of 22,000 is up pretty significantly from just 2, 3 years, so the trend lines are more encouraging lately.

Edited by BRASSO

Has DCI released this year's paid attendance?

Brandt announced it at the show. Was 22k and change. If my failing memory serves it was 22,805.

Edited by cf144

WHO KEEPS RESURRECTING THESE ZOMBIE THREADS??? lol.

The sad part is I read about 10 pages before I realized this was from 2011....lol
  • Like 4