Paid attendance figures for DCI World Championships

looking at the ESPN ratings, i doubt the casual viewer saw the show on and stopped to watch

Your assumption on this seems to be wholly inaccurate ( with the predictable agreement by Guardling.... of course)... at least according to a DCP'er with direct knowledge on this 2007 ESPN broadcast ratings. See above ( Barigirl78 ) with the broadcast viewership that had the show viewership ( 16th out of 157) actually much better than what you and Guardling have incorrectly assumed and in which you commented on above earlier today.

Edited by BRASSO

Interesting on how things are paid for with the lower end Cable channels......

Also a reminder to check for my Div II schools football games there as one or two slip in during the season... usually on a week night but when the school is a few hours drive it's worth it to check.... Now wondering how that is paid for, will have to check the commercials.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Your assumption on this seems to be wholly inaccurate ( with the predictable agreement by Guardling.... of course)... at least according to a DCP'er with direct knowledge on this 2007 ESPN broadcast ratings. See above ( Barigirl78 ) with the broadcast viewership that had the show viewership ( 16th out of 157) actually much better than what you and Guardling have incorrectly assumed and in which you commented on above earlier today.

Well, the 16th out of 157 was compared to all other shows on ESPN2 that week, not the casual viewer clicking through all of the networks and ending up watching DCI.

BTW, just a a point of interest...this is from a dci.org article in 2007...

"

The Sept. 5 broadcast of the Drum Corps International World Championship on ESPN2 delivered a 0.4 rating, translating to 380,224 Nielsen Media Research TV households.

Read more: http://dci271.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=1895a3d9-b611-452e-872a-d4e124545486#ixzz3jwl9Bqby

"

Boy you are obsessed arent you. Just because i hit a like you assume alot ( as usual in brasso land ) You comment on other's when they hit the like button? Yeah I thought not...lmao

I would completely question how many even watched who were not exposed to the activity. if it in fact was alot of new people it may have survived. Now, you also seem like you believe your government in whatever they say, etc etcjust because it's written or someone said it. lol. . jeff may not always be right in my eyes but i would at least question what he might say rather than the queen of googled information. Someone who has actually done. deserves at least that. Bari girl i might hear out .

One one thing.

DONT DRAG ME BACK INTO YOUR KOO- KOO CRAZY...THANK YOU

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

"

The Sept. 5 broadcast of the Drum Corps International World Championship on ESPN2 delivered a 0.4 rating, translating to 380,224 Nielsen Media Research TV households.

Read more: http://dci271.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=1895a3d9-b611-452e-872a-d4e124545486#ixzz3jwl9Bqby

"

I could envision how 380,224 " households " could translate into approx. 507,000 " viewers ", as its reasonable to assume that these" households" don't all have people just watching TV shows all alone in their " household". Plus, the majority of"households" now in America have more than 1 TV..

Also, in this article you cited ( from DCI itself in 2007 ) is that DCI itself estimated " over 30,000 were in attendance at the 2007 DCI fInals", and then broke down further that total Finals Night Attendance to 24,309 as PAID attendance for Finals Nite, 2007. DCI in their press release a few days ago cited this years( 2015 ) Paid attendance for Finals Night as 22, 085. DCI correctly ( and cleverly ) stayed with the comparison of 2015 Finals Nite paid attendance in Indianapolis as " record setting ", as they were on solid ground stating it in the worded fashion ( ie " in Indianapolis ") that the did. Thus, personally, I see no problem in DCI's PR press release at all.

Edited by BRASSO

Boy you are obsessed arent you. Just because i hit a like you assume alot ( as usual in brasso land ) You comment on other's when they hit the like button? Yeah I thought not...lmao

I would completely question how many even watched who were not exposed to the activity. if it in fact was alot of new people it may have survived. Now, you also seem like you believe your government in whatever they say, etc etcjust because it's written or someone said it. lol. . jeff may not always be right in my eyes but i would at least question what he might say rather than the queen of googled information. Someone who has actually done. deserves at least that. Bari girl i might hear out .

One one thing.

DONT DRAG ME BACK INTO YOUR KOO- KOO CRAZY...THANK YOU

When you are in such an incoherent state as this Guardling, there is no reason that you have to go to a keyboard and type an all over the lot, rambling, gaggle of confused and incoherent comments on a specific thread topic discussion as a result. You can avoid this altogether, and not have us trying to figure out what in hades you are talking about with such a totally confused mess as this is.

Edited by BRASSO

When you are incoherent Guardling, there is no reason that you have to go to a keyboard and type a rambling,, multi thought gaggle of irrelevant and incoherent comments as a result. You can avoid this altogether, and not have us trying to figure out what in hades you are talking about.

Nice try. You got it , thats for sure now sit down!

So answer the question. You comment on others likes ? Or do what you usually do run off ,when confronted or your so called facts bite you in the ### then not answer whats been asked or change the subject with your total rudeness. What's that little corps you were in during the mid 60s? they teach you that?

You could have responded to Jeff. in a very adult manner but of course not and then drag me in.

brasso-advertisement-1915.jpg?w=604so

Edited by GUARDLING

Nice try. You got it , thats for sure now sit down!

So answer the question. You comment on others likes ? Or do what you usually do run off ,when confronted or your so called facts bite you in the ### then not answer whats been asked or change the subject with your total rudeness. What's that little corps you were in during the mid 60s? they teach you that?

brasso-advertisement-1915.jpg?w=604so

Have you been drinking all day ? Seriously. Thats the only thing I can think of to explain your embarrasing episodes today of rambling incoherence now, Guardling.

Edited by BRASSO

Have you been drinking all day ? Seriously. Thats the only thing I can think of to explain your embarrasing episodes today of rambling incoherence now, Guardling.

Nice try. You got it and you know it. DAN

a244685e0af868530037e72b42ea215e.jpg

Intent can be so obvious, and embarrassing , especially when one thinks no one else knows it...lmao

Jeff, you can take this one if you are bored. lol

Edited by GUARDLING

BTW--I work with TV ratings and have access to Nielsen. The telecast on ESPN2, 9/5/07, was estimated to have 507,000 viewers with a median age of 43.8. 54,000 was the estimate for ages 15 to 24. About half of all the viewers were between 35 and 54. Despite being on a sports network, the audience was 56% male 44% female. Most sports are 2/3rds male.

While most sports watching might be 2/3rds male, ( 70% audience for the sport of figure skating is female ) as an interesting sidebar, according to Neilsen, almost half ( 46% ) of the Super Bowl Game watchers this past January were woman. More woman watched this year's Super Bowl than watched the Oscars, Grammy's, Emmy's COMBINED. Cool, huh ?

Source :

http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/women-are-dominant-media-voice-during-super-bowl-155227

Edited by BRASSO