JD Shaw steps down as Phantom Regiment brass arranger?

JD Shaw posted this on his Facebook 30 minutes ago:

"I have resigned as arranger for the Phantom Regiment. Thank you to the kids and friends for many years of great memories."

We are seeing the end of an era at Phantom Regiment. Truly, truly sad to see him go. Where does the organization go now?

• Like 1

JD Shaw posted this on his Facebook 30 minutes ago:

"I have resigned as arranger for the Phantom Regiment. Thank you to the kids and friends for many years of great memories."

We are seeing the end of an era at Phantom Regiment. Truly, truly sad to see him go. Where does the organization go now?

I feel like doing what Juliet did at the end of their show this year...

• Like 3

Don't get me wrong, I have every confidence that they'll pull through and be just fine in 2012. It's just going to be... different. JD put together a really strong brass book for the past several years, and it'll be hard for anyone to step into those shoes.

But... Shane Gwaltney did a remarkable job stepping into Paul Rennick's old job, so I'm not too worried. I'll save any and all judgements for when I hear who they hire to replace JD.

But still, it's the end of an era. How fitting that JD went out with Elsa's.

SUTA to that.

• Like 5

it will be sad, as it was when Wren left, but knowing Phantom, they'll come out ok,

Unless they hire Crossmens old team

• Like 6

it will be sad, as it was when Wren left, but knowing Phantom, they'll come out ok,

Unless they hire Crossmens old team

Guidry writing for Phantom Regiment would sound like PDQ Bach's Unbegun Symphony, only more confusing :)

I'll miss Shaw's arrangements too. Man, what a sound he created there.

• Like 4