JD Shaw steps down as Phantom Regiment brass arranger?

Most of the staff was from before 2000, but between the whole staff, and the caption head, they had won every single championship with the Cavaliers. So I'm going to take their opinions on what worked with my corps over yours. I had the best summer of my life, and we had plenty of "maturity" and "talent", so please, stop trying to label people you don't know.

If you ignore his subtle insults, the core (corps if you will) of what he is saying is true.

There was a very definitive (maybe said, maybe not) change in the way the corps was instructed from prior to 2001 and after.

If you ignore his subtle insults, the core (corps if you will) of what he is saying is true.

There was a very definitive (maybe said, maybe not) change in the way the corps was instructed from prior to 2001 and after.

Okay. I didn't know much about the Cavaliers before 2001, I wasn't into DCI at the time. I just know the way they are now, and the not-so-subtle insults to other people's corps was a bit much. Saying a corps isn't as mature or talented as the Cavaliers is a bit of an insult to everyone. Just saying. There's boosting your own corps, and tearing down other corps. He missed the mark quite a bit, I think.

• Like 3

dont make so many mistakes....problem solved :tongue:

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Garry in Vegas

Most of the staff was from before 2000, but between the whole staff, and the caption head, they had won every single championship with the Cavaliers. So I'm going to take their opinions on what worked with my corps over yours. I had the best summer of my life, and we had plenty of "maturity" and "talent", so please, stop trying to label people you don't know.

If what you're saying is true, then you must've marched SCV. Because most of the guys on that staff now i marched with. But if you did march SCV, then i congratulate you. Vanguard is the corps we

were closest to throughout all my years of marching. We had mad respect for you guys. Just look at whose over there now.

With that being said, i'm not insulting your corps, just saying that the quality of players were a bit higher between the christmas cavaliers and the rosemont cavaliers.

You can't deny that there are different tiers in drum corps.

• Like 1

If what you're saying is true, then you must've marched SCV. Because most of the guys on that staff now i marched with. But if you did march SCV, then i congratulate you. Vanguard is the corps we

were closest to throughout all my years of marching. We had mad respect for you guys. Just look at whose over there now.

With that being said, i'm not insulting your corps, just saying that the quality of players were a bit higher between the christmas cavaliers and the rosemont cavaliers.

You can't deny that there are different tiers in drum corps.

There are very different tiers in drum corps, but when I was there, 5th to 4th place isn't that much of a difference, correct? But the guys on staff were amazing, and always pushed us to be the best. Even though they yelled on occasion, it was never unwarranted. It was always because we weren't doing something right, because we were disappointing them, not just because they wanted to yell. And after that, we always had much better run-throughs, they always knew how to light the fire under us.

We did always have a healthy competition with the Cavaliers, they're a great group of guys. They were probably the corps I respected most competing against.

• Like 2

There are very different tiers in drum corps, but when I was there, 5th to 4th place isn't that much of a difference, correct? But the guys on staff were amazing, and always pushed us to be the best. Even though they yelled on occasion, it was never unwarranted. It was always because we weren't doing something right, because we were disappointing them, not just because they wanted to yell. And after that, we always had much better run-throughs, they always knew how to light the fire under us.

We did always have a healthy competition with the Cavaliers, they're a great group of guys. They were probably the corps I respected most competing against.

If you're specifically talking about 2009, then yes. If i recall correctly, the average age that year was 18. About 50 ish people in the hornline alone aged out or didnt come back that year, so majority of the members were high schoolers, or just out of high school. There was even a guy who had never done marching band before. Just parade bands. On any other year, you guys would have been on different levels. Just so happens you marched against the least experienced cavalier corps in over a decade.

I'm not at all trying to talk down to you, or to your corps. I honestly thought they were going to get the noose back that year.

Edited by YogiBear
  • Like 1

Okay. I didn't know much about the Cavaliers before 2001, I wasn't into DCI at the time. I just know the way they are now, and the not-so-subtle insults to other people's corps was a bit much. Saying a corps isn't as mature or talented as the Cavaliers is a bit of an insult to everyone. Just saying. There's boosting your own corps, and tearing down other corps. He missed the mark quite a bit, I think.

To say the Cavaliers are mature is the real insult thumbup.gif

• Like 2

To say the Cavaliers are mature is the real insult thumbup.gif

So mature groups don't clap for the cadets on an awesome show after their victory run?

There's a difference between being goofy and being immature.

• Like 1