scranton

I wasn't asleep at the switch. I was the tabulator in Scranton, and on a 5-show weekend, we get a little short handed. In addition to tabulating, I was conducting a grand experiment all night. It was the first time we had judges using digital recorders, and I was running that system too, so the corps could get their "tapes" as mp3 files, sent right to their cell phones. Fusion Core made history last night, becoming the first DCA corps ever to be evaluated using digital recorders :) DCI was kind enough to loan us their digital recorders for this experiment, which I must say, was a HUGE hit with the corps last night.

The end of the cassette tape is near :)

not to be critical but i went to bed at 11:30 and the scores wer'ent out yet. i get your experiment but when people tweeting can get scores out quicker then the DCA website by hours.............something is wrong. but i forgive you glen.......lol. hope it works better today. in secaucus.

I wasn't asleep at the switch. I was the tabulator in Scranton, and on a 5-show weekend, we get a little short handed. In addition to tabulating, I was conducting a grand experiment all night. It was the first time we had judges using digital recorders, and I was running that system too, so the corps could get their "tapes" as mp3 files, sent right to their cell phones. Fusion Core made history last night, becoming the first DCA corps ever to be evaluated using digital recorders :) DCI was kind enough to loan us their digital recorders for this experiment, which I must say, was a HUGE hit with the corps last night.

:ph34r: Digital Recordings is just the gateway to Amps :ph34r:

:tongue:

Edited by skeptic
  • Like 1

I wasn't asleep at the switch. I was the tabulator in Scranton, and on a 5-show weekend, we get a little short handed. In addition to tabulating, I was conducting a grand experiment all night. It w

as the first time we had judges using digital recorders, and I was running that system too, so the corps could get their "tapes" as mp3 files, sent right to their cell phones. Fusion Core made history last night, becoming the first DCA corps ever to be evaluated using digital recorders :) DCI was kind enough to loan us their digital recorders for this experiment, which I must say, was a HUGE hit with the corps last night.

I was wondering when this was going to come into plat. Then whem I was asked if my phone was an IPhone or android by a Hurcs staff member and told why, I was thrilled. Congrats for movin' on up!!!

At the show in Syracuse there was a meeting with DCA Officials at the 50 yard line.

At that meeting, Officials told the competing Corps that they would know only their score before retreat.

ANYONE, giving out scores prior to the crowd receiving it, WILL BE FINED.

If you’re Corps wants to get a fine then give out the score.

It is my belief that this is the reason DCP and others are not getting the scores until AFTER Retreat.

Only fare to the paying fan who attend the show.

Hey if it doesn't pour again at Secaucus (again) I will post scores. If it's raining, not so much. The touch screen doesn't like the rain.

Being part of a circuit headed this way, I don't envy those working on the execution of the system in the early stages.

Thank you for all you do

• Like 1

not to be critical but i went to bed at 11:30 and the scores wer'ent out yet. i get your experiment but when people tweeting can get scores out quicker then the DCA website by hours.............something is wrong. but i forgive you glen.......lol. hope it works better today. in secaucus.

So Don, is this your offer to help out?

So Don, is this your offer to help out?

yes. if i get them, i'll post them. now what are the chances i get them jeff?

yes. if i get them, i'll post them. now what are the chances i get them jeff?

Well I have a suggestion. Email Glen and offer to be part of the webstaff. That's what I did 3 years ago for TOB. As soon as the chief judge sends out scores, myself and 3 others get them up