secaucus

Thanks, Jean!

Did the weather hold up for the show today?

Barely. We barely got out of there before the continuos storm arrived.

Barely. We barely got out of there before the continuos storm arrived.

Wow. Glad everyone got out of there OK.

We had several thunderstorms roll through the Baltimore area today. Nothing huge, but a decent amount of rain.

Thanks, Jean!

Did the weather hold up for the show today?

It stopped on our way to the show and held out til just after the show

• Like 1

They may have done a better show. A lower stadium in Bush's case would have helped them a heap.

I am of the opinion the panel at Scranton was also tight on numbers. The Cabs got a bump and a number more in line with what I thought they should have in Scranton. Knowing what I know from observing MBI and Bucs Head to head, the number Bucs have right now vis a vis MBI's number further bears out how tight the Scranton panel was with their numbers.

Am I upset the Scranton panel was tough on numbers? NO. When you panic over things like that as a staff or corps member, you blind yourself to the real issue. GET BETTER REGARDLESS OF YOUR NUMBER AND EVALUATION, GOOD OR BAD. :satisfied:

Wait are you saying that because the #2 corps going in scored higher than the #1 means that the panel low balled #1?

PA system lousy. Hurcs won everything besides brass. 91.95.

Werent you supposed to fill in for me today?

It stopped on our way to the show and held out til just after the show

And one very important note - the Sun came out!!!

That was my little unsolicited plug for Sunrisers making it out and as far as I can see doing a respectable job. I still maintain that DCA would be a much healthier animal if Sun and Sky could climb back toward the top. There are probably young people on this forum that have no idea what I'm talking about, but...

Still good to see Sun on the field of competition.

I agree Ray, seeing Sun back on the field and performing well is good for everyone in DCA. I said it before and I will say it again, having Nat and Gene working with these kids is great. Looking forward to seeing even better things from Sun next year and years to come.

Regarding Bush's jump in score (come on be honest, we know where your coming from), they have had the following scores over the last four weeks: 7/30 69.10, 8/6 69.05, 8/13 69.25 and 8/20 70.80. With all the work they have been doing, filling in horn spots, closing up horn spots, cleaning and tightening up their drill and getting the drum line in gear (their best caption area), you could see this coming. They took the judges comments and worked things out. In my book that should be complimented.

Good job Bush. Looking forward to seeing the corps in Bridgeport. GO BUSH.

• Like 1

Regarding Bush's jump in score (come on be honest, we know where your coming from), they have had the following scores over the last four weeks: 7/30 69.10, 8/6 69.05, 8/13 69.25 and 8/20 70.80. With all the work they have been doing, filling in horn spots, closing up horn spots, cleaning and tightening up their drill and getting the drum line in gear (their best caption area), you could see this coming.

Well-said, John.

I saw the corps at their first show (Bridgeport) and several times since then, including in Scranton... and they have made major strides forward. Brass playing better, the whole corps marching better, and the percussion section... very strong. A good building block for the future!

Wow. Glad everyone got out of there OK.

We had several thunderstorms roll through the Baltimore area today. Nothing huge, but a decent amount of rain.

Last year was worse. A show ten minutes from home and yet still ran out of dry clothes.

If anyone was watching the Jets game tonight, they know how lucky they were to get the show in between storm fronts.

Edited by LegalEagle50

Well-said, John.

I saw the corps at their first show (Bridgeport) and several times since then, including in Scranton... and they have made major strides forward. Brass playing better, the whole corps marching better, and the percussion section... very strong. A good building block for the future!

Amen to that and to all a good night.:o)thumbup.gif

• Like 1