secaucus

Wait are you saying that because the #2 corps going in scored higher than the #1 means that the panel low balled #1?

No.

I just thnk the panel was just very tough on what criteria earned a given number that night in Scranton. There is a certain amount of play within the boxes and their interpretation. They were tight across the board. I think the next day's numbers with Cabs and Bush bears this out.

No.

I just thnk the panel was just very tough on what criteria earned a given number that night in Scranton. There is a certain amount of play within the boxes and their interpretation. They were tight across the board. I think the next day's numbers with Cabs and Bush bears this out.

Ok it just sounds like it because you are going off of what happened 3+ weeks ago and are saying that because a corps at a different show got a higher score so the scores at the Scranton show were lower.

Quote "Knowing what I know from observing MBI and Bucs Head to head, the number Bucs have right now vis a vis MBI's number further bears out how tight the Scranton panel was with their numbers."

Who knows what MBI has done in those weeks to improve. Just saying its not impossible for a corps to gain a lot of ground and be better than the Bucs. I understand it has been almost 7 years now but the Bucs are not invincible, though everyone seems to think they are. No disrespect.

*the jumps corps get from sat to sun are insane, IMHO is just DCA making sure come finals, the top corps are scoring in the high 90s. Thats fine as long as corps are all getting this bump comparably. so talking about the jump cabs and hurcs got, to me, seems worthless when comparing panels.

*the jumps corps get from sat to sun are insane, IMHO is just DCA making sure come finals, the top corps are scoring in the high 90s. Thats fine as long as corps are all getting this bump comparably. so talking about the jump cabs and hurcs got, to me, seems worthless when comparing panels.

We will have to agree to disagree on that one. Having attended both the Toms River show and Scranton I though both Bucs and Cabs gave much stronger performances in Scranton. Cabs specifically had a much better night than the previous show and were exponentially cleaner and had much more energy than the week prior- yet Bucs score went up and Cabs went DOWN. :tic:

I don't subscribe to the ideal the scores must go up every weekend but in general, if you have a great rehearsal in between, really clean a few big moments, and go out that night and throw down a fantastic show, generally your score should go up.

My thought is the panel in Scranton didn't do a good read on a those corps. Thus affecting their overall score for the night. Likely, the judges on Sunday had a better read and rewarded more points where applicable.

Point being- the scores on Sunday better reflect the corps level of achievement than what was awarded Saturday. Erase Scranton from your records and look at the point increase from the weekend prior vs Sunday. That would be your true indication of the improvement those corps made between the weekends.

I'm glad the panel for Sunday was able to judge based on what was in front of them instead of judging the corps themselves.

Edited by irishbugle