When does finals become viewable on FN?

It seems pretty ridiculous that I dont get to watch finals after I already paid 80 bucks for the subscription and the live events. Pretty freaking lame. I went to both theatre events this summer, went to the only live event within 800 miles of my house, and paid 80 bucks for the subscription and I dont get to watch finals because its "disc only". Well I bought the DVD's last year and the quality was pretty poor IMO. The visual quality was sub par, and im not paying 100 bucks for a blu ray player and another 20 bucks just for the blu ray discs.

I probably spent over 300 dollars this summer for DCI with my family and they dont even let me watch the finals...

Disappointed with DCI right now.

Edited by DCISuperfan
  • Like 1

Next time read what each subscription gives you.

w6qusg.png

It sounds like you have the Live subscription which means you don't get access to the finals VOD.

• Like 5

I just went through this. I had a "Live" subscription but wanted to watch the Indy shows now.

So I bought the "Live plus DVD", paid $80 more, and get both the Indy Semis (which are VERY good and still have ESOM) and the DVD.

The order had my discount for my previous Live subscription already built in, and I can now relive without having to wait for the finals DVD.

You still can't get Finals, and probably won't until they run out all the DVDs. But this time next year you'll be able to watch 2011 on FN all you want!:thumbup:

/sarcasm

• Like 1

It seems pretty ridiculous that I dont get to watch finals after I already paid 80 bucks for the subscription and the live events. Pretty freaking lame. I went to both theatre events this summer, went to the only live event within 800 miles of my house, and paid 80 bucks for the subscription and I dont get to watch finals because its "disc only". Well I bought the DVD's last year and the quality was pretty poor IMO. The visual quality was sub par, and im not paying 100 bucks for a blu ray player and another 20 bucks just for the blu ray discs.

I probably spent over 300 dollars this summer for DCI with my family and they dont even let me watch the finals...

Disappointed with DCI right now.

Yes well, As the others have stated: The options were clearly laid out for you and you chose not to buy the DVDs or Blu-Rays. You won't get to see the 2011 Finals performances until after the 2012 finals.

In the future, you might want to consider getting a Blu-ray player. Hubby and I weren't going to, but then he got a PlayStation 3 which has some neat downloading features plus doubles as a Blu-ray player. Last year I upgraded from the "Live" package to the Blu-ray package, and for me it was worth it. Not only did I get to watch finals the very next day (this year, too), but the Blu-ray is vastly better than the DVD in video and sound quality. Plus you can continue to play DVDs on your Blu-ray player, and it will bump up the video quality on your DVDs, too. I couldn't attend any shows this year, so for me it's definitely worth it.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if you can blame DCI for the low quality on DVDs. DVD's don't have as much space as a blu ray does. So a blu ray can play higher quality. It's completely worth it to me. Movies in blu ray are awesome!

DVD-Video's aren't really "low quality", they just not as high of a quality as Blu-ray media. I would call them lower quality than Blu-ray...

The maximum resolution for DVD-Video is simply 720 x 480 lines ( 480p) instead of the maximum 1920 x 1080 ( 1080p) you can get with blu-ray.

There are still plenty of TVs around that can not display anything better than 480i, let alone 480p, so the quality of the pictures on those those tvs are "normal" or standard definition "SD". At least the DVDs are taking full advantage of what the TVs can do. Imagine watching a DCI on a VHS tape, which had a resolution of about 333x 480. That's true "low quality".

Sorry, I have a bunch of the VHS recordings, and the DVDs are definitely better quality than the VHS. Maybe we should just call DVDs "medium quality". tongue.gif

Next time read what each subscription gives you.

w6qusg.png

It sounds like you have the Live subscription which means you don't get access to the finals VOD.

I cant even view the semi's though either... I didnt want the DVD's or the Blu rays and paid 80 bucks to get subscription and live events. It clearly says "world class semi's" with a checkmark next to it and I dont even have access to that. I cant view anything past the allentown performances.

Why isnt there an option to buy a subscription to view all content but not get any dvd's?? I thought thats what I was buying... Pretty lame that I cant view ANY finals material.

At the beginning of the season I opted for the basic subscription. I knew that I would only get shows later (in some cases much later). That's fine with me. It was and is the best value for my limited funds. Right now the Atlanta show (with multi-cam) is the best. I can wait for finals. Just my $.02.