The All-Cesario Awards

I posted the following in the thread about the All-Royer Awards:

<<Okay, gang, since the All-Royer Awards are the product of the OP, which is their prerogative, I suggest that we create an open source award thread and call it the All-Cesario Awards. (This would not be limited to corps that wear Cesario uniforms.) This would be open to all DCP members, including amadorj. I'm naming it after Cesario because of his admonition this year for corps to be entertaining, so my only suggestion is that the award winners be entertaining in some way to you personally, which doesn't mean they have to be entertaining to anyone else.

Ready? Then have at it.>>

Have at it!

It worked out the way it should have this year. Cadets, hands down.

(thanks for the edit prompt Boo!)

Edited by BozzlyB

Other than horns, drums, and guard the Madison Scouts and Cadets have very little in common. Yet they are my two favorite, most entertaining shows. And for two completely different reasons.

Madison was full bore, balls-to-the-wall drum corps. Loud, in your face, with melodic overtones and a great story that touched me deeply.

Cadets was intellectual, beautiful, brilliantly told, with touches of brilliance in expressing the story's theme.

I can't possibly pick one.

It's hard enough separating these two from the rest of the field.

The all-Cesario award is a tie between Scouts and Cadets, IMO.

• Like 3

Cadets completely. It has the feel Cavies 2002 in the brilliance of its design and integration; some of the best and more subtle storytelling brilliance of some Vanguard and Regiment shows; the visual cohesion and finesse reminiscent of Blue Devils 2010 and 1994; the "they thought of everything" of recent Crown and Bluecoats shows; and the late season surge of that does previous Cadets corps proud.

IMO :)

• Like 1

Other than horns, drums, and guard the Madison Scouts and Cadets have very little in common. Yet they are my two favorite, most entertaining shows. And for two completely different reasons.

Madison was full bore, balls-to-the-wall drum corps. Loud, in your face, with melodic overtones and a great story that touched me deeply.

Cadets was intellectual, beautiful, brilliantly told, with touches of brilliance in expressing the story's theme.

I can't possibly pick one.

It's hard enough separating these two from the rest of the field.

The all-Cesario award is a tie between Scouts and Cadets, IMO.

Bridgemen 1980

( you didn't say it had to be this year )

Bridgemen 1980

( you didn't say it had to be this year )

Okay...true. But let's focus on this year for the sake of keeping things simple. Plus, let's have a historic Cesario Awards to recognize those corps that were the epitome of entertainment in the past.

Of course I absolutely LOVE Cadets - this year in particular! Chris nsu - I agree. They thought of everything! In particular (at this moment, it continues to change) is the "Amazing Grace" statement coming from high on side 1. The music, the guard work...makes me really, really want to be able to march again!!! THAT's entertaining to me!!

But...I cannot get "East of Eden" out of my head!!! I catch myself humming and humming and humming. Phantom's color guard is the definition of beautiful. Costuming, choreography, staging perfectly complements that melody!! It's what "Garfield's" colorguard in 1982-1985 would be, today. Again, it makes me wish I could march and is so very entertaining.

So...another tie. Cadets and Phantom Regiment. For me anyhow.

• Like 1

This really is a tough one - so many good things about this past season. To answer the topic though:

Phantom captured my heart (again), Cadets set my spirit free, Madison made me scream and cry in joy.

All very powerful stuff, with both Cadets and Scouts performances potentially becoming legendary.

I'd have to award Cadets though for the overall complete package. They nailed it, start to finish.