The All-Cesario Awards

My choice would have to be Cavaliers. I thoroughly enjoyed their music, visual (not clean, but definitely most moving), great drumline, a top notch colorguard, hornline was very good, and the use of GE (tenors upside down, etc..

I suggest that we create an open source award thread and call it the All-Cesario Awards.

Michael Cesario once said.."Individual Drum Corps shows are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. "

Edited by BRASSO

I continue to have big issues with us fawning over M.C. So, let me get this straight..... M.C. is the new "Design Potentate" for DCI. Then what? He pulls all the corps directors in and tells them what? How many were offenders last year? Cadets? Cavies? CC? Madison? SCV? Bluecoats? BAC? Crossmen? Spirit? ......Who? What were we adjusting from? I don't get it. Now, all is right with the world. I need some forensics on this. Otherwise, it looks to me like one dominant corps changes its design trend to a more "traditional" production and suddenly DCI is saved from itself. I'd like to thank you Michael but I just don't know what you did!

Boston has always given the crowd enjoyment with their shows, even back in the 80's with 19 horns. Boston brings a mix of old / new school. There was not one part of their show this year, that was boring IMO. I also enjoyed Cadets, Crown, Madison, Cav's,Troopers, SOA more than I have in the past. What ever MC and all the corps are going keep it up IMO.

The corps I found most entertaining was neither, the best show nor the one that I’d like to give this award so….

I’ll go with Crossmen

I had written them off for the last several years as being a boring, bland, bando corps that keep missing the mark, missing the entire field really and was stunned at how much I enjoyed their show this year

So based upon where they came from….most improved in entertainment

• Like 3

I continue to have big issues with us fawning over M.C. So, let me get this straight..... M.C. is the new "Design Potentate" for DCI. Then what? He pulls all the corps directors in and tells them what? How many were offenders last year? Cadets? Cavies? CC? Madison? SCV? Bluecoats? BAC? Crossmen? Spirit? ......Who? What were we adjusting from? I don't get it. Now, all is right with the world. I need some forensics on this. Otherwise, it looks to me like one dominant corps changes its design trend to a more "traditional" production and suddenly DCI is saved from itself. I'd like to thank you Michael but I just don't know what you did!

Thank you. There's this misguided sense this year that Cesario took last year's lead and turned it into gold.

This year might have been gold, but last year surely wasn't lead. More important, I find it really difficult to believe that all those different directors aimed for gold, not lead, just because Cesario suggested drum corps should be more entertaining.

HH

• Like 2

Okay...true. But let's focus on this year for the sake of keeping things simple. Plus, let's have a historic Cesario Awards to recognize those corps that were the epitome of entertainment in the past.

Float 12 Macey's Parade ?

( I'm fat so I can say that )

My All-Cesario Award goes to Phantom Regiment for captivating the audience so thoroughly!

All-Cesario Honorable Mention - Crossmen! For kickin' it old-school and making this hardened soul cry during "Halleluiah".

A-C Drumline: Cavaliers for playing inverted

A-C Brass: Crown for playing so fabulously regardless of show

A-C Colorguard: Herbert! For being THE guy

• Like 1

The All-Cesario Awards(my placement):

1st Place - The Cadets

2nd Place - Carolina Crown

3rd Place - Boston Crusaders

Honorable Mention - Madison Scouts

These corps created a connection with me by being very melodic, mature, original, exciting, beautiful, lush, emotional, captivating, memorable, and polished. :smile:

• Like 2

The All-Cesario Awards(my placement):

1st Place - The Cadets

2nd Place - Carolina Crown

3rd Place - Boston Crusaders

Honorable Mention - Madison Scouts

These corps created a connection with me by being very melodic, mature, original, exciting, beautiful, lush, emotional, captivating, memorable, and polished. :smile:

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif As Boston has posted for the up coming 2012 season. Come join our Crusade.

Hey Boo - only thought I have on this award is that you consider naming it after one the many unrecognized Drum Corps legends from years past. Many were not paid a cent to run and operate their drum corps. Legends like Jim Jones (Troopers), Gail Royer (SCV), Bill Howard (Madison), Don Warren (Cavaliers), Moe Latour (Bleu Raeders, Blue Stars, Garfield, Cadets), and Jerry Seawright (Blue Devils). If I remember correctly DCI pays Mr. Cesario for his work. Mr. Cesario will be included with such legends in time but I only hope that we honor those who put their neck out to provide us the drum corps we enjoy today.

cool.gif