The All-Cesario Awards

Three mini Cesarios to:

Scottish tenor drummers during the Blue Knight drum solo. Scottish bands never hit hard enough to hear the drum, these guys did.

Whistling at the begining of Boston's show. I just thought it was neat.

Cloak and dagger act by the black-caped directors of the G7 was a preseason gem. As far as entertainment goes, they provided DCP and DCI diehards with hours of online chats and chatter.

Hey Boo - only thought I have on this award is that you consider naming it after one the many unrecognized Drum Corps legends from years past. Many were not paid a cent to run and operate their drum corps. Legends like Jim Jones (Troopers), Gail Royer (SCV), Bill Howard (Madison), Don Warren (Cavaliers), Moe Latour (Bleu Raeders, Blue Stars, Garfield, Cadets), and Jerry Seawright (Blue Devils). If I remember correctly DCI pays Mr. Cesario for his work. Mr. Cesario will be included with such legends in time but I only hope that we honor those who put their neck out to provide us the drum corps we enjoy today.

cool.gif

He is not paid a salary.

I received e-mails this summer from people insisting THREE different corps were the crowd favorite. One stated another corps had the most crowd favorite show "without question," as well as having "undeniably the most challenging show."

Yes, but this is ME saying this,so you know it HAS to be true... :tongue:

But seriously, MY PICK would be Carolina Crown also. I loved them, top to bottom everything about the show with the exception of one sampled voice in their pre-show "I'm a rock (rach?) star."

Hey Boo - only thought I have on this award is that you consider naming it after one the many unrecognized Drum Corps legends from years past. Many were not paid a cent to run and operate their drum corps. Legends like Jim Jones (Troopers), Gail Royer (SCV), Bill Howard (Madison), Don Warren (Cavaliers), Moe Latour (Bleu Raeders, Blue Stars, Garfield, Cadets), and Jerry Seawright (Blue Devils). If I remember correctly DCI pays Mr. Cesario for his work. Mr. Cesario will be included with such legends in time but I only hope that we honor those who put their neck out to provide us the drum corps we enjoy today.

Why would I name a Cesario Award after Don Warren? :blink:

And the idea of the Cesario Awards was based on his well-publicized directive to the activity this year, when he stuck out his neck and risked much ridicule had it not had an effect. There's also a bit of whimsy with the name. You've got the Royer Awards and I leave the other giants you've named for others to pick up and run with. My conception of the Cesario Awards were only to honor corps each person found entertaining by their own criteria. It doesn't matter if anyone else agrees with them.

The winners don't even get a miniature chocolate bathtub.

The corps I found most entertaining was neither, the best show nor the one that I’d like to give this award so….

I’ll go with Crossmen

I had written them off for the last several years as being a boring, bland, bando corps that keep missing the mark, missing the entire field really and was stunned at how much I enjoyed their show this year

So based upon where they came from….most improved in entertainment

Did they really finish in 17th ??

just watched them on the FAN NETWORK .

wow..

Edited by Jerseyboy

The corps I found most entertaining was neither, the best show nor the one that I’d like to give this award so….

I’ll go with Crossmen

I had written them off for the last several years as being a boring, bland, bando corps that keep missing the mark, missing the entire field really and was stunned at how much I enjoyed their show this year

So based upon where they came from….most improved in entertainment

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

While the Cadets well deserved to win this year with an amazing concept wonderfully executed, XtraordinarY was on a level unapproached by any other Corps. I only really "enjoyed" 4 shows this year - Cadets, Cavaliers, Crown, & Phantom. But Bluecoats "Creep" opener was a real mindblower.

And none of the above used PVC.

Edited by AmFlag61

Why would I name a Cesario Award after Don Warren? :blink:

And the idea of the Cesario Awards was based on his well-publicized directive to the activity this year, when he stuck out his neck and risked much ridicule had it not had an effect. There's also a bit of whimsy with the name. You've got the Royer Awards and I leave the other giants you've named for others to pick up and run with. My conception of the Cesario Awards were only to honor corps each person found entertaining by their own criteria. It doesn't matter if anyone else agrees with them.

The winners don't even get a miniature chocolate bathtub.

Figured - have a nice day! :cool: