The All-Cesario Awards

Figured - have a nice day! :cool:

So, do you have any personal Cesarios to hand out that don't fit within the All-Royer Awards? It's free!

I would like to give an All-Cesario award to Jersey Surf. Their shows are consistently entertaining, and they are run extremely smartly. They may not be the most competitive,but they exude classc in everything they do, on and off the field

• Like 2

Plan, Plan, Plan...

This is so simple. The "forensics" (appropriate use, considering the hope that last years' design is D.E.A.D!):

:blink: <----This was last year.

:drool: <----This is what a lot of fans felt when the "MC initiative" was announced.

:doh: <----This is the "top" design teams after MC gave them a good talking to about "entertainment".

:soapbox: <---This is most BD honks saying there's nothing wrong, it's only ABBD syndrome.

:w00t::biggrin: <---This was the response to most shows this year.

:fight: <----This is DCP, and all the forensics you need to know.

:blow: <----This is Jeff Ream and you.

:wall: <----This is you.

:tugowar: <----This is still you (while every one else is basking in ABBD warmth).

:innocent: <----This is me.

:angel1::devil: <----This is who won this year, with a much more difficult drill than BD, executed just enough better than BD to win Viz.

:wall: <----This is...guess who?...again.

:grouphug::laugh:

This made me laugh out loud. A fine example of what High Potentate MC was looking for.

Plan, Plan, Plan...

This is so simple. The "forensics" (appropriate use, considering the hope that last years' design is D.E.A.D!):

:blink: <----This was last year.

:drool: <----This is what a lot of fans felt when the "MC initiative" was announced.

:doh: <----This is the "top" design teams after MC gave them a good talking to about "entertainment".

:soapbox: <---This is most BD honks saying there's nothing wrong, it's only ABBD syndrome.

:w00t::biggrin: <---This was the response to most shows this year.

:fight: <----This is DCP, and all the forensics you need to know.

:blow: <----This is Jeff Ream and you.

:wall: <----This is you.

:tugowar: <----This is still you (while every one else is basking in ABBD warmth).

:innocent: <----This is me.

:angel1::devil: <----This is who won this year, with a much more difficult drill than BD, executed just enough better than BD to win Viz.

:wall: <----This is...guess who?...again.

:grouphug::laugh:

My Dear G,

One word: Exquisite! Simply exquisite...........and well deflected! So well deflected that you deserve the Stanley Cup (or a least a few missing bicuspids)!

I was going to fashion a cryptic response but found that there is no unused emoticon left in the western hemisphere! You have religated me to the use of punctuation.....and I tell you Sir, that I WILL NOT be forced to use a lesser textual expression! However, I do have one question....which one is Jeff and which is me?

Finally, as you continue your euphoric romp (seemingly disrobed and flinging flowers from a basket) over M.C. & the apparent design U-turn accomplished by so many corps this year, I ask you to say a prayer for Abby Normal. She may freighten you with her scary and different ways....but she won't hurt you!

No emoticons were injured during the making of this post!

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 2

My Dear G,

One word: Exquisite! Simply exquisite...........and well deflected! So well deflected that you deserve the Stanley Cup (or a least a few missing bicuspids)!

I was going to fashion a cryptic response but found that there is no unused emoticon left in the western hemisphere! You have religated me to the use of punctuation.....and I tell you Sir, that I WILL NOT be forced to use a lesser textual expression! However, I do have one question....which one is Jeff and which is me?

Finally, as you continue your euphoric romp (seemingly disrobed and flinging flowers from a basket) over M.C. & the apparent design U-turn accomplished by so many corps this year, I ask you to say a prayer for Abby Normal. She may freighten you with her scary and different ways....but she won't hurt you!

No emoticons were injured during the making of this post!

I was going to make a note that the "Jeff and You" emoty is interchangeable, but then I realized that you and he are the only two who don't know that.

All in good fun, my friend. And I particularly like the blue one banging his head against the wall.

tongue.gif

• Like 1

Other than horns, drums, and guard the Madison Scouts and Cadets have very little in common. Yet they are my two favorite, most entertaining shows. And for two completely different reasons.

Madison was full bore, balls-to-the-wall drum corps. Loud, in your face, with melodic overtones and a great story that touched me deeply.

Cadets was intellectual, beautiful, brilliantly told, with touches of brilliance in expressing the story's theme.

I can't possibly pick one.

It's hard enough separating these two from the rest of the field.

The all-Cesario award is a tie between Scouts and Cadets, IMO.

Nice post, so true. I talked to Mr. Cesario at Indy, I know he is reading this. I wonder what he thinks about 2011 and where 2012 should go? I wish they would come on here and talk to us fans!

The Cadets were great, what a show! I for one could not get enough, congrats. on the win! MADISON SCOUTS if you read these threads you know how I feel and there is sooo much more to come! :thumbup:

I could just go down the line with all the Corps. Mike and his possy need to keep this energy going... IMO! What a great 2011 season top to bottom, it was... frikin SWEET!

Nice post, so true. I talked to Mr. Cesario at Indy, I know he is reading this. I wonder what he thinks about 2011 and where 2012 should go? I wish they would come on here and talk to us fans!

The Cadets were great, what a show! I for one could not get enough, congrats. on the win! MADISON SCOUTS if you read these threads you know how I feel and there is sooo much more to come! :thumbup:

I could just go down the line with all the Corps. Mike and his possy need to keep this energy going... IMO! What a great 2011 season top to bottom, it was... frikin SWEET!

It seems to me that what is most interesting about my feelings for these two shows is that they are so different.

I can imagine that an MC behind-closed-doors pitch went something like this:

"Stop copying each other! Stop doing the same things!

You each have your own "thing" so do it and do it well.

Give us the diversity."

The end.

It seems to me that what is most interesting about my feelings for these two shows is that they are so different.

I can imagine that an MC behind-closed-doors pitch went something like this:

"Stop copying each other! Stop doing the same things!

You each have your own "thing" so do it and do it well.

Give us the diversity."

The end.

Ah hmmm (clears throat), again, I don't want to be the one to fart during your little campfire sing-along of "cumbaya" we're having here, but part of knowing what we are doing right, is understanding what we did wrong. Declaring ourselves "fixed" is a bit of an over-reach IMO. I'm not making the claim, so it's incumbent on those making the claim to identify those violators that were "copying each other" or "doing the same things", or "not being themselves". Facts please. Now, back to your singing! :music:

Edited by Plan9