2012 show ideas

Phantom Regiment should do the music of Pagliacci.

HOWEVER... they should do it with the full singing cast, mic'ed. Audition the primary vocal parts and let the scenes act out on the field with the characters in character.

If we are going to be all bando in DCI, let's do it over the top. None of this sampled recorded voice crap, or synths that sound like voice. Take classical pagentry to the next level and have the opera, abbreviated, ON THE FIELD.

I'll go with that. But I'm not an opera fan. Instead, let's do Cole Porter music, all with singing. With Busby Berkeley - style choreography.

• Like 1

An all Shostakovich summer

Cadets: Festive Overture, Sym #1

Cavies: Sym #2

BD: Jazz Suites

Crown: Piano Transcriptions

Phantom: FOEG, Sym #7 (maybe they'd get it right this time around)

SCV: Sym #5 (totally different approach than Phantom)

Bluecoats: Sym #4 (darkest of all)

Boston: Sym #9

BK: Sym #10

Madison: Selections from movie scores that no one knows, and he hated. (there is a waltz that became popular...def that)

Blue Stars: Sym #8

Spirit: King Lear

• Like 1

Does that include hunting Demons (Cadets) and Devils (SCV)?

I would like to see Madison do a show based on the 1960's "Rat pack" (Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis Jr.)

But, they don't have the showgirls like Dutch Boy 1990 to really sell it :cool:

Somebody needs to do "Wicked"! Or "The Lion King"! I love broadway on the field :) (1989 & 1994 Cadets woot wooooot!)

I was just discussing with someone how the big stick animals could add a real vertical dimension to a field show....hmmm.

Rock has been tried on the field several times with mixed results (Knights, Teal) but I have to tip my hat to Crown this year. They got the "feel" right. I've always thought Bon Jovi would be a natural for an in your face hornline to power through. What do you say Crown?

• Like 1

An all Shostakovich summer

Bluecoats: Sym #4 (darkest of all)

Several years ago, I read a review of Symphony No. 8 that described the work as "music to go out and shoot yourself by."

• Like 1

Would to see someone do Rick Wakemans "king Arthur and the knights of the Round Table" And for Surf, some Springsteen, Southside Johnny and Bon Jovie, all the New Jersey Shore sounds.

• Like 1

Several years ago, I read a review of Symphony No. 8 that described the work as "music to go out and shoot yourself by."

This would seem to qualify then as music that is ultra " dark ". Especially, if ultimately the lights all go out for the listener.

As mentioned already, I’m putting together Crown: Porcelain and Gold (a Tribute to Modern Dentistry). Just finished the second drum solo based on Lady Gaga’s song Teeth, it has a killer Crown to Tooth to Crown drill move. All the snares will have a tooth sticker so the line will look like a Crocked Smile (hint) and there will be an appearance by the tooth fairy

• Like 1

As mentioned already, Im putting together Crown: Porcelain and Gold (a Tribute to Modern Dentistry). Just finished the second drum solo based on Lady Gagas song Teeth, it has a killer Crown to Tooth to Crown drill move. All the snares will have a tooth sticker so the line will look like a Crocked Smile (hint) and there will be an appearance by the tooth fairy

'Not a lot of teeth to this show theme, imo.... (especially wisdom teeth).

Edited by BRASSO