Now That Soloists are Plugged-in

Naturally. It sounds like you agree that the "happy" feeling you described among the corps is a relative and ephemeral thing.

Just because they vote on a new rule doesn't mean they were 'unhappy' before. They might just think it improves something already great. Maybe 'happy' to 'happier'???

MikeD: Please review the following and then try restating your positions:

logic - noun

1.the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference.

2.a solid method of reasoning with argumentation.

3.the system or principles of reasoning applicable to any branch of knowledge or study.

4.reason or sound judgment, as in utterances or actions.

5.convincing forcefulness; inexorable truth or persuasiveness; the irresistible logic of the facts.

MikeD: Please review the following and then try restating your positions:

logic - noun

1.the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference.

2.a solid method of reasoning with argumentation.

3.the system or principles of reasoning applicable to any branch of knowledge or study.

4.reason or sound judgment, as in utterances or actions.

5.convincing forcefulness; inexorable truth or persuasiveness; the irresistible logic of the facts.

Which is exactly what I do..all of the above.

Which is exactly what I do..all of the above.

When you assert that all corps (all of them; including the corps which were not allowed to vote) are "Happy" with A&E; and I reply by simply asking you to prove your assertion; then you respond that it must be true because enough corps happened to vote in favor of the A&E rule, the corps are using them in competition, and your strongest answer is for me to prove that they are "Unhappy". Are you telling me that you actually believe this proves "all" corps are "Happy" and that you are utilizing Logical Reasoning to support your position?

• Like 1

Rules are changed when a critical mass of the voting body decides that whatever is being proposed is a good idea. Staffs wanted A&E for a long time before the admins voted them in, actually.

As for new rules, of course they can and will continue to make changes...that has been a constant going back even before DCI.

You're correct.

Just because something has enough votes to pass doesn't mean all the members or even most of the members are happy with it. All it means is that the rules are changed when a critical mass of the voting body decides that the proposal shall pass.

There's the spirit of something and there there is the letter of something. It's great when the two meet, but it isn't a requirement. smile.gif

Mikey,

You do realize the logical fallacy that you're operating on, right?

Just saying... No disrespect intended. smile.gif

I asked how many have made proposals to eliminate A&E...the answer...none.

I asked how many do not use A&E...the answer...none.

So you have no way to prove your assertion...."I am sure that those corps are not Happy."

So you have no way to prove the corps are not happy with what they voted on. OK.

Just because they vote on a new rule doesn't mean they were 'unhappy' before. They might just think it improves something already great. Maybe 'happy' to 'happier'???

...or it could be political; a vote for this could provide some benefit for something else down the road.

There are many possible reasons other than they "liked" it.

When you assert that all corps (all of them; including the corps which were not allowed to vote) are "Happy" with A&E; and I reply by simply asking you to prove your assertion; then you respond that it must be true because enough corps happened to vote in favor of the A&E rule, the corps are using them in competition, and your strongest answer is for me to prove that they are "Unhappy". Are you telling me that you actually believe this proves "all" corps are "Happy" and that you are utilizing Logical Reasoning to support your position?

No, and I'm sure he is happy not to provide a logical assertion because the reality is that corps are doing things the way "he" likes.

The rest of what we're doing is just filler to him; a musing if you will....