Lee Beddis resigns from Crown?

From Lee Beddis on Facebook:

"Thank you Crown. I will always cherish the last 5 years of building the percussion program. It is now time for a new direction. Thanks for the memories!"

What does this entail for Crown, now that two caption heads have stepped down?

When I see designer turnover for a fourth place corps (Crown) and a fifth place corps (PR, significant turnover in the last decade), among others (Cavies a couple years ago), it makes the staff consistency of BD, and to some extent Cadets, amazing.

• Like 1

When I see designer turnover for a fourth place corps (Crown) and a fifth place corps (PR, significant turnover in the last decade), among others (Cavies a couple years ago), it makes the staff consistency of BD, and to some extent Cadets, amazing.

And that staff consistency within BD and Cadets is reflected in all of their Gold Medals; there is a correlation if not an actual cause/effect.

• Like 2

Heard from an age-out that the entire Blue Stars staff committed at their banquet to return next year.

• Like 1

And that staff consistency within BD and Cadets is reflected in all of their Gold Medals; there is a correlation if not an actual cause/effect.

It's not just staff consistency. It's consistency in keeping the best staff positions in the activity, which is what you need if your goal is winning.

• Like 1

So true. A interesting example is BD not having Van Matthews on their staff this year. Although their brass was great as always, their scores placed them as a third place line. Sometimes even that one staff member makes the biggest difference when it comes to dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's. Consistency is the name of the game to win in DCI.