Lee Beddis resigns from Crown?

Regardless, I can dream about Lee making a triumphant to the Gold team up in Toledo but I don't see that happening.

That's Right I forgot that he was once with Gmen at one time.

Truth. Brace yourself for impact, sir.

Haha! What about all those who say that demand isn't on the sheets? This directly conflicts with what they say... tongue.gif

Not to take anything away from both Crown caption heads that resigned, but is it possible they were asked to leave? Looking at the score sheets, CG and Percussion haven't exactly been their strong suit recently. Again, not hating on those two CH but does anyone know if these were truly resignations or not? If they were not resignations, that's an interesting decision on the part of CC's management.

• Like 4

I wonder if management will have a say in this ?

not a great product from BS in 2011.

Yea. BS show this year was zzzzzzzzzzz.............

• Like 3

Championships aren't won by the hornline alone. ;)

Besides, Crown's hornline still hasn't figured out how to play together when spread more than 40 years apart. Low demand -> Lower score.

Are you serious? Surely you are not suggesting that utilizing the entire field while playing is low demand? I suppose you think it is more challenging to march in blocks.... elbow to elbow.. with the field(stage) covered with props.

You are correct in suggesting that field coverage is not on the sheets, but come on. Drum Corps is still performed on a football field and not in a gym. Just to illustrate how old I am I will tell about a discussion I had with a judge who judged the 1980 Championships. He told me that the reason B.D. beat 27th lancers was because the corps had a more challenging show because they were more spread out. That was true then and it is true now. Part of the issue when listening to a corps that is spread might have to do with where one is sitting. Yeah we all heard the problems with the Danzon part of Crown's show last year, but I didn't hear those timing tears or phasing issues at all this year.

Please excuse me for going on and on about this..... but it is really my biggest pet peeve with current Drum Corps judging scores.

Edited by musclebud
  • Like 2

Meanwhile, back at the Lee Beddis thread...

• Like 1

Are you serious? Surely you are not suggesting that utilizing the entire field while playing is low demand? I suppose you think it is more challenging to march in blocks.... elbow to elbow.. with the field(stage) covered with props.

You are correct in suggesting that field coverage is not on the sheets, but come on. Drum Corps is still performed on a football field and not in a gym. Just to illustrate how old I am I will tell about a discussion I had with a judge who judged the 1980 Championships. He told me that the reason B.D. beat 27th lancers was because the corps had a more challenging show because they were more spread out. That was true then and it is true now. Part of the issue when listening to a corps that is spread might have to do with where one is sitting. Yeah we all heard the problems with the Danzon part of Crown's show last year, but I didn't hear those timing tears or phasing issues at all this year.

Please excuse me for going on and on about this..... but it is really my biggest pet peeve with current Drum Corps judging scores.

not the same nor judged the same as thirty years ago.....also noone ever said a football field cant be re designed in shape for a programs staging..............just saying........................back to lee