"Big Name" Staff

If you cry after placing second, you haven't learned the single most valuable lesson about WINNING itself.

FIXED: If you throw your third place medal directly at members of the corps that jumped up to second on Finals night, you haven't learned the single most valuable lesson about WINNING itself.

And if you throw your second place medal at the exact same corps two years later...

Edited by Room_101
  • Like 2

Ok Ok... So what I am seeing here is that there is a pile on, when someone utters that winning is ok, and it is fine to try to do so? Hmmmmm no wonder the world only has a few achievers... Most are eluded by the concept...

Incientally it is not the end all or be all of existance to win... But it is worth it enough to put in consistant and directed effort each and every time you attempt something. If you are not reaching upwardly... you are heading in the other direction! :devil:

BTW: I am extremely proud of my BD family for their efforts this season... I loved their show and their tenacity! They ended up feeling like winners this season. (all except for the Jewlery)

Mamby Pamby cannot be masked... It lives here on DCP!!! Lose away folks... Do not let me stand in your way! :thumbup:

• Like 4

Ok Ok... So what I am seeing here is that there is a pile on, when someone utters that winning is ok, and it is fine to try to do so? Hmmmmm no wonder the world only has a few achievers... Most are eluded by the concept... Mamby Pamby cannot be masked... It lives here on DCP!!! Lose away folks... Do not let me stand in your way!

Ummm, I have won at the Local, National, and World levels; not only in DCI but also in many other competitive genres as well as business; therefore I am certainly in that category of "achievers". The difference is that I just choose not to be condescending and arrogant.

Incidentally it is not the end all or be all of existance to win... But it is worth it enough to put in consistant and directed effort each and every time you attempt something. If you are not reaching upwardly... you are heading in the other direction!

Careful, you are boardering on being a Mamby Pamby!!!

BTW: I am extremely proud of my BD family for their efforts this season... I loved their show and their tenacity! They ended up feeling like winners this season. (all except for the Jewlery)

Congrats!!! You are now an official Mamby Pamby (or a Hypocrite)!!! Which is it Triple-B? :doh::w00t::tongue:

Edited by Stu
  • Like 3

LOL

Losers twist words... Winners stay consistant... Nice playin with y'all... But I am moving to the adults table next Thanksgiving!

It is clear that you cannot have an opinion that gets in the way of peoples little loservilles!

• Like 4

LOL

Losers twist words... Winners stay consistant... Nice playin with y'all... But I am moving to the adults table next Thanksgiving!

It is clear that you cannot have an opinion that gets in the way of peoples little loservilles!

Thank you for helping support my post #30!!! It is good to be correct!!! So, go ahead and pick up your toys and whine away if you want, and when you attempt to set at that "adult" table I am sure you will reject the humble pie they will want you to eat!!! :tongue:

• Like 3

True... But I am willing to be fed HUMBLE PIE by grown ups! Not cry babies who do not like the realities of the world!

• Like 2

True... But I am willing to be fed HUMBLE PIE by grown ups! Not cry babies who do not like the realities of the world!

Fine with me; and I will continue to set at the Humble Table with great Humble People of past and present like Samuel Truett Cathy - Owner of Chick fil a, John Searcy – Owner of Interstate Batteries, Tom Landry, Tony Dungy, and all of those, what did you say, oh yeah, "cry babies who do not like the realities of the world", but also those with character enough to actually be more than willing to wash your dishes after you snub the waiter for not keeping your wine glass full. I will enjoy my company; please enjoy yours. And thanks again for supporting my post #30 in this thread!

Edited by Stu
  • Like 4

Stu,

You and I have not gotten along in the past, but thank you SO MUCH for pointing out the BLATANT hypocrisies in BBB's logic!

BBB,

I'm sorry that you're convinced that so many of us are "losers" and that you clearly see yourself as a "winner."

Perhaps you should give Charlie Sheen a call. I gather that the two of you have much in common!...not the least of which is your infatuation with your own perceived greatness :shutup:

Edited by Room_101
  • Like 8

Stu,

You and I have not gotten along in the past, but thank you SO MUCH for pointing out the BLATANT hypocrisies in BBB's logic!

BBB,

I'm sorry that you're convinced that so many of us are "losers" and that you clearly see yourself as a "winner."

Perhaps you should give Charlie Sheen a call. I gather that the two of you have much in common!...not the least of which is your infatuation with your own perceived greatness :shutup:

Not gotten along is sort of a personal type of terminology, and I do not take any of this stuff personally; hopefully neither do you. But we have had some fun disagreements through post bantering :smile: And BBB, God Bless his little ole heart, he can't help it; because it is just the Blue Devil in him that makes him that way.

• Like 3